Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
It me be fast, I'll give it that. But it's still ass-ugly. :p
And the tail lights look like they were swiped from a new Malibu. Or a Cobalt coupe.

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
I think it looks badass. The taillight styling cue has been on the car longer than a malibu or cobalt. This is going to be one those cars that will rock the boat, like the z06 did.

·
I paid $5 for this title!
645 Posts
I don't take S10 drivers seriously when it comes to appearance. :D Especially not those who get all fundie when it comes to imports. ;)

I'm actually not a huge fan of the profile, and the ass could be a bit better, but that front looks mean. 473 hp and 433 lb-ft of torque mean, to be exact. Also, I'm sure it will look better in person. Pictures do no car justice - the Z06 looks pretty weird in many that I've seen, while it's pure sex in person.

I'm sure it's a beast around the track, but I'm really curious how it does as a daily driver. If it's even close to the competing Porsches, the Germans might have met a true match even for those buyers in that range who demand a foreign nameplate, and thus don't consider Corvettes.

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
It's nice. Not something I would drool over. I'd still take a Z06 in that price range though, and still beat it. I'd bet a z51 would be quite close performance wise.

·
Registered
742 Posts
talk about a 350 Z and g35 looking. no doubt this car will get some high "most fun to drive" ratings. 473 HP AWD. they will need one of those warnings on the car "Caution: Sudden Hard launches may cause injury to the neck. Those who are use to civics, back injury, afraid of Rambo and severe heart conditions should not drive"

·
645 Posts
Well, it's one of the better-priced cars for the performance it offers. And I think it's mostly geared towards Japanese audience anyway - you know they love their Skylines over there.

That said, I'd still pick a 'Vette over it.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
I don't take S10 drivers seriously when it comes to appearance. :D Especially not those who get all fundie when it comes to imports. ;)

I'm actually not a huge fan of the profile, and the ass could be a bit better, but that front looks mean. 473 hp and 433 lb-ft of torque mean, to be exact. Also, I'm sure it will look better in person. Pictures do no car justice - the Z06 looks pretty weird in many that I've seen, while it's pure sex in person.

I'm sure it's a beast around the track, but I'm really curious how it does as a daily driver. If it's even close to the competing Porsches, the Germans might have met a true match even for those buyers in that range who demand a foreign nameplate, and thus don't consider Corvettes.
My old 97 s-10 is bloody gorgeous :D.

That thing...isn't. :p

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Pff, your camry is ass ugly, my S-10 is a work of art! :p

Better looking than the Colorado/Canyon, anyway. That front end just makes me go "D:".

·
645 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
475hp AWD isnt modest. An AWD drive car can do more with less power, mostly due to the fact almost all the power is useable from a standstill. Things to consider with a Skyline:

-launches are AWD enabled, once traction is achieved the car is RWD. Basically think of a limited slip action between front and back.

-1st gear launches can be done a near full boost and power, with 2nd and so on being no problem.

-As with most turbocharged cars, simple bolt-ons (downpipes, boost controllers, intakes, and tune) can net more than bolt-ons from a N/A car.

As for Z06 vs. Skyline, depends on what the GM brings to the table. If we are talking a 650hp 6.2 S/C engine in the new vette then I guess the vette has some bragging rights; but then again we have been seeing 100k price tags for one. As for the trusty LS7 vs. Skyline, if I had to choose one (afford one for that matter), I would be sitting in the Skyline. If anyone has tinkered with turbo equipped cars; they would know a tune can be a night and day difference, even without the supporting bolt-ons. I cant say that for a factory NA car. I would be disappointed if 500hp isnt made with tune alone, and the same if a tune and bolt-on dont net 600hp.

I like all cars and like to give credit where its due.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
I would get a high HP NA car over a turbo'd or SC'd car. I prefer vehicles that can get up and go under their own brute force, not with some third party helping (turbo, SC, KNAAAUUUSSSS, etc.).

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.