Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, it lives up to all the hype! The coming Nissan GT-R is a world-class supercar: Top speed of 193 mph, 0-60 in 3.5 seconds, a 473 hp, 433 lb ft twin-turbo V6 mounted in the front and driving all four wheels through a rear-mounted transaxle.

More...

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Dark Side Moderator
2,665 Posts
I think it looks badass. The taillight styling cue has been on the car longer than a malibu or cobalt. This is going to be one those cars that will rock the boat, like the z06 did.

·
I paid $5 for this title!
645 Posts
I don't take S10 drivers seriously when it comes to appearance. :D Especially not those who get all fundie when it comes to imports. ;)

I'm actually not a huge fan of the profile, and the ass could be a bit better, but that front looks mean. 473 hp and 433 lb-ft of torque mean, to be exact. Also, I'm sure it will look better in person. Pictures do no car justice - the Z06 looks pretty weird in many that I've seen, while it's pure sex in person.

I'm sure it's a beast around the track, but I'm really curious how it does as a daily driver. If it's even close to the competing Porsches, the Germans might have met a true match even for those buyers in that range who demand a foreign nameplate, and thus don't consider Corvettes.

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
I'm not feeling any love for it. FUGLY

With a price in the $70K range there should hopefully not be a bunch of cobbled up, juvenile riced out versions buzzing the highways of America.

Of course there will be some [email protected] doing just that.

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
It's nice. Not something I would drool over. I'd still take a Z06 in that price range though, and still beat it. I'd bet a z51 would be quite close performance wise.

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
I think it looks great. A little out of my price range though. Who would have thought the first Skyline they brought over here would be $70K.

·
Registered
742 Posts
talk about a 350 Z and g35 looking. no doubt this car will get some high "most fun to drive" ratings. 473 HP AWD. they will need one of those warnings on the car "Caution: Sudden Hard launches may cause injury to the neck. Those who are use to civics, back injury, afraid of Rambo and severe heart conditions should not drive"

·
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple
11,842 Posts
I think it'll be a cool car, but I'm not crazy about the design.
It's kinda designed like it should appeal to younger drivers, yet at that price point the younger drivers surely can't afford it.

·
645 Posts
Well, it's one of the better-priced cars for the performance it offers. And I think it's mostly geared towards Japanese audience anyway - you know they love their Skylines over there.

That said, I'd still pick a 'Vette over it.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
I don't take S10 drivers seriously when it comes to appearance. :D Especially not those who get all fundie when it comes to imports. ;)

I'm actually not a huge fan of the profile, and the ass could be a bit better, but that front looks mean. 473 hp and 433 lb-ft of torque mean, to be exact. Also, I'm sure it will look better in person. Pictures do no car justice - the Z06 looks pretty weird in many that I've seen, while it's pure sex in person.

I'm sure it's a beast around the track, but I'm really curious how it does as a daily driver. If it's even close to the competing Porsches, the Germans might have met a true match even for those buyers in that range who demand a foreign nameplate, and thus don't consider Corvettes.
My old 97 s-10 is bloody gorgeous :D.

That thing...isn't. :p

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
645 Posts

·
Dark Side Moderator
2,665 Posts
475hp AWD isnt modest. An AWD drive car can do more with less power, mostly due to the fact almost all the power is useable from a standstill. Things to consider with a Skyline:

-launches are AWD enabled, once traction is achieved the car is RWD. Basically think of a limited slip action between front and back.

-1st gear launches can be done a near full boost and power, with 2nd and so on being no problem.

-As with most turbocharged cars, simple bolt-ons (downpipes, boost controllers, intakes, and tune) can net more than bolt-ons from a N/A car.

As for Z06 vs. Skyline, depends on what the GM brings to the table. If we are talking a 650hp 6.2 S/C engine in the new vette then I guess the vette has some bragging rights; but then again we have been seeing 100k price tags for one. As for the trusty LS7 vs. Skyline, if I had to choose one (afford one for that matter), I would be sitting in the Skyline. If anyone has tinkered with turbo equipped cars; they would know a tune can be a night and day difference, even without the supporting bolt-ons. I cant say that for a factory NA car. I would be disappointed if 500hp isnt made with tune alone, and the same if a tune and bolt-on dont net 600hp.

I like all cars and like to give credit where its due.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts