Modern Camaro Forums banner

2010 2SS M6 with 81 miles Results

5K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Jekyll-N-Hyde 
#1 · (Edited)
After just picking the car up about 5 hours before i brought the car out to the dyno that i do LSX tuning at on the side and wanted to see what the LS3could belt out before i dug into it...

Rock stock with 81 miles, it laid down 390 and 382 with coolant temps getting up to 215 and 105 degree IAT's. The second pull it made 391 and 378 This was ona Mustang dyno BTW.

Timing was at a steady, but pultry 18 degrees for both runs and the AFR never got out the mid 11s! LOL

Thing sure lays down #s like the wednesday car it is!:lol: Seems pretty high to me but also seems to be NOT far off from what others are seeing from time to time.

See less See more
#6 ·
Most mustang dyno's run a bit lower than others. I like it because it's more of a real world number. It's not glorified, it's a legitimate number.

It's funny when you see someone with Mustang Dyno numbers and someone with another dynos' numbers, the other dyno reading higher, but the car that ran on the mustang dyno is faster. :lol:

#8 ·
sounds like there dyno is off a bit to say the least .,!
Yeah, mine did 359hp on a mustang dyno:eek:. Just goes to prove that all dynos are different. The most important # is the amount of improvement when mods are done.

#9 ·
My thinking was a bit backwards. Mustangs don't really read lower, they seem to be more realistic (in dyno worlds) and I believe it was the Dynojets that were a bit looser with the numbers.

With that said, calibrations have EVERYTHING to do with how well a dyno does, along with operating conditions. They'll differ from run to run and day to day and between dynos of the same make. I'll go along with Powerfreak though in that no matter what dyno you use, use the same one every time for checking mods to get a realistic delta on the numbers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.