1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I would love to see how it works out for them, drifting is cool, ricer or not. How awsome would it be if the 5th Gen Camaro ended up being the ultimate drift car? I would not mind if the "tuner" guys ended up buying tons of Camaros, it would just end up boosting sales and keep our car off the chopping block. I would rather see it drift than dissapear again. :eek:

·
Supporting Super Moderator
5,668 Posts
I'm not a fan of drifting, but that is still going to be a cool build.
What is that a LS9?

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
not a fan of drifting...but hey, if you gotta do it, might as well do it in a Camaro. :rolleyes: ;) :D :thumbsup:

·
8,984 Posts
Amen to most the brotheren that don't like it! x1000 Drifting is a talentless sport that in the end accomplishes nothing. No one is really racing. It is not timed in the way drag racing is. There is not a final destination. There really is not a competition concepts.

Now I do like burning rubber.

But what would I know, I am not an enthisiast. I am just a fan of the Camaro when it is involved in a real sport.

I do however LOVE build threads, regardless of the intended final use.

I have found some GREAT ideas on other boards that had nothing to do with my taste in product or end sport. A great idea is a great idea.

Are the yellow areas going to be speed holes? What about the yellow squares? reinforcement? weight savings? ducting areas for the detached intercooler?

That is a LSA engine.

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Amen to most the brotheren that don't like it! x1000 Drifting is a talentless sport that in the end accomplishes nothing. No one is really racing. It is not timed in the way drag racing is. There is not a final destination. There really is not a competition concepts.

Now I do like burning rubber.

But what would I know, I am not an enthisiast. I am just a fan of the Camaro when it is involved in a real sport.

I do however LOVE build threads, regardless of the intended final use.

I have found some GREAT ideas on other boards that had nothing to do with my taste in product or end sport. A great idea is a great idea.

Are the yellow areas going to be speed holes? What about the yellow squares? reinforcement? weight savings? ducting areas for the detached intercooler?

That is a LSA engine.
Talentless.... ?

·
8,984 Posts

·
5,668 Posts
Drifting is to Racing as Figure Skating is to Hockey.
I agree with this quote, but I don't think its talentless. You still gotta be tallented. I think it would be fun though. Its the kinda thing where I think it would be fun to do, but I don't care to watch anyone else do it.

·
8,984 Posts
I am not sure, but I have driven high horsepower vehicles with narrow tires and swinging it around back and forth is really not that difficult.

Now, I am sure I couldn't just step into one and drive the **** out of it either.

But, I would love to hear the team strategy meeting before the actual race. It would resemble a figure skating strategy meeting.

·
Registered
720 Posts
If drifting did not originate in japan, would you like it then?
hockey originated in canada.....and thats freakin sweet!!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I agree with this quote, but I don't think its talentless. You still gotta be tallented. I think it would be fun though. Its the kinda thing where I think it would be fun to do, but I don't care to watch anyone else do it.
I'd say Drifting is to Racing what Figure Skating is to Speed Skating... no?

And for that matter, if Figure Skating is Drifting, then Hockey is more like.. I dunno.. Demolition Derby :lol:

·
8,984 Posts
I don't care if it was originated in Zimbabwe.

·
2,416 Posts
I don't understand how its considered a sport seems like it can be way too political when it comes to picking the winner. I learned how to drift when I first started driving. Take something rear wheel drive out in the rain and nail the gas as you turn the corner. All other motor sports have a set start line and finish line. First one to the finish line wins, the end.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts