Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a vector file of a 2010 Camaro.
I need to be able to put it on a 10'x5' banner we are having made.

Please, if anyone has one or can source one for me that would be great!

I dont check the forums much, shoot me an email if you have one.

ATEspo (at) gmail.com

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
Um.....can't help you with the vector file (whatever that is) but I 'd like to say 'Welcome to the site'.

Any more info we should know about......like who are you and what are you making a banner for?:confused:

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
You don't check the forums much? Shame! This is where it's at for 5th gen news!!! :5go:

·
Registered
33 Posts
I am looking for a vector file of a 2010 Camaro.
I need to be able to put it on a 10'x5' banner we are having made.

Please, if anyone has one or can source one for me that would be great!

I dont check the forums much, shoot me an email if you have one.

ATEspo (at) gmail.com
This is a printer that is stuck.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Um.....can't help you with the vector file (whatever that is) but I 'd like to say 'Welcome to the site'.

Any more info we should know about......like who are you and what are you making a banner for?:confused:
^^^ Rather than a raster or bitmap that is composed of lots of little dots, a vector image is geometrically-oriented, being composed of a sequence of unambiguously defined lines, arcs, etc. A CAD file (like from AutoCAD, for instance) would be an example of a vector image. An old HP printer language file is another example, having been developed to drive pen-plotters (which, naturally, draw lines & arcs rather than lots of little dots.)

The OP wants one because "resolution" isn't an issue and you can blow them up to any size you want. Seems kind of odd that he would make such an unusual request and then say "Oh! BTW, you'll need to deliver it to me, too" but maybe that's just me! :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
My family owns a chevy dealership (at which I am currently employed) here in Pittsburgh PA and we are advertising our 2010 Camaro's at a few local events (one this weekend), and I am making some banners and flyers.

Thank you for explaining a vector file. I can make one with an image I already have of a Camaro, but I do not have time and the equipment to do so before this weekend. I doubt I will find a vector file, so I am going to see what I can do about a silhouette style image that I can just generate in CS3.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
^^^ Rather than a raster or bitmap that is composed of lots of little dots, a vector image is geometrically-oriented, being composed of a sequence of unambiguously defined lines, arcs, etc. A CAD file (like from AutoCAD, for instance) would be an example of a vector image. An old HP printer language file is another example, having been developed to drive pen-plotters (which, naturally, draw lines & arcs rather than lots of little dots.)

The OP wants one because "resolution" isn't an issue and you can blow them up to any size you want. Seems kind of odd that he would make such an unusual request and then say "Oh! BTW, you'll need to deliver it to me, too" but maybe that's just me! :)
Use the Genuine Fractals photoshop plugin to convert the image to STN format then you can scale up quite a bit with very little loss of detail.

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
Thanks for the 'vector file' explanation, Brian.

Espo, I now remember you were selling your allocation from your Uncle's dealership that you could no longer purchase......you were never 'banned' as you are still using the same IP address and username. I removed your original thread as it was against forum rules regarding dealer sponsorship. (BTW, I edited your comment about being banned....not true.)

Good luck with the special promotion at your uncle's dealership this weekend.

·
8,984 Posts
Use the Genuine Fractals photoshop plugin to convert the image to STN format then you can scale up quite a bit with very little loss of detail.
****, why didn't I think of that!:rolleyes::lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts