Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Meybe GM will find a Camaro SS EV favorable for sales
Hopefully GM will not make another 14mpg Camaro again (at the wrong time and lose a lot more money) and instead bring the platform over to the EV side of business. It will sell quickly.
Forget keeping the Camaro a gasoline only car due to heritage. Those
days are gone, history. No one will give a *hit. its time for a true change. Just make it a EREV or BEV and make our world and economy a better place. Marketing a E rev Camaro would truly brighten up the auto industry and all the Nay sayers could have a option for your ICE which will be obsolete in 5-8 yrs. Go $10 buck a gallon gas; I'm ready for a change.

ONLY THE HIGHER INCOME PEOPLE WILL BUY ANOTHER CAR WITH CRAPPY
MILEAGE THAT THEY CAN AFFORD TO TAKE A HUGE LOSS ON WHEN GASOLINE
WILL BE 8 TO 10 A GALLON IN LESS THAN 2 YEARS.

I WORK FOR CHEVRON AND DO KNOW ITS COMING SOON!!!!!!

I would love to see a 600 hp EV version of it with 100 mile range and be free
of the oil companies BS forever. There is a 600 hp Mustang EV you can buy today if you can afford it. I don't know why CHEVY has their pants at their ankles again. They should delay a launch till they can offer a EV option for
this super hot ride. Within 2 years all interest in owning a gas powered car will
be a thing of the past when it cost you 300 bucks to fill it up.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea sure

That program is a money pool for a investment bank to buy futures on oil prices.
It wont last. They will go bankrupt. If it was really that easy then why isn't all the airlines locked in to fixed gasoline prices? Which only delta is and their contract expires in 8 months and they will have to buy it at regular prices Just another (NOT FULL PROOF) way of taking investors monies and going bankrupt.
The airlines are going bankrupt today! Gee why didn't they go to this site instead!

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
I don't care if it's $15 or $150 per gallon. If there's a V8 Camaro Convertible to be had, we're getting one.

Besides, Mr. Chevron, where are you getting your info? What do you do at Chevron? CEO, sweeping the floors, or somewhere in between? Validate your credentials other than just claiming to work for Chevron. I work for a huge agricultural conglomerate and I couldn't tell you what seed prices will be 2 years from now. That alone does not make me an instant expert.

Anyway, high oil prices cannot be sustained if there's no demand for it. It'll only shoot up to 8 or 10 bucks for a while. Nobody's going to produce it if nobody's buying it. Plain and simple. It's how economics works. High prices will beat high prices.

Camaro EV...yeah, ok. Sounds like someone found the glue in the bottom of the sandwich bag.

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
While we're at it, may as well kill the Mustang, Corvette, Challenger, any other car with a V8, and all trucks and SUVs right?

Of course it sucks having high gas prices, but don't forget about the efficient V6 car that will be the bulk of the sales.

For those that want alternate choices, the Volt is coming, plus there's a host of Hybrids from GM out there too.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't care if it's $15 or $150 per gallon. If there's a V8 Camaro Convertible to be had, we're getting one.

Besides, Mr. Chevron, where are you getting your info? What do you do at Chevron? CEO, sweeping the floors, or somewhere in between? Validate your credentials other than just claiming to work for Chevron. I work for a huge agricultural conglomerate and I couldn't tell you what seed prices will be 2 years from now. That alone does not make me an instant expert.

Anyway, high oil prices cannot be sustained if there's no demand for it. It'll only shoot up to 8 or 10 bucks for a while. Nobody's going to produce it if nobody's buying it. Plain and simple. It's how economics works. High prices will beat high prices.

Camaro EV...yeah, ok. Sounds like someone found the glue in the bottom of the sandwich bag.
Yea Mr Gas lover I hope you go broke giving all your hard earned money to the oil company. It will take a collapse of the economy before people like you realize that there cars could be a lot better running on cheap electricity.
Chevy could have made the camaro just like the Chevy Volt if they really wanted to. But they are hoping for a feeding frenzy for sale of the gas hog camaro. And I work in internal Auditing. A paper chaser. Dont take my word on anything just watch the economy go down and gas go up till chevy comes and repo's your new Camaro because you cant afford to drive it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
what?

Camaro EV...yeah, ok

Yea you will be praying to own a ev version of the same hot car. Everyone knows a ac motor has 100 percent torque at zero rpm. That means 0-60 in 3 sec. 2 cents a mile to drive on electricity. GM will introduce a EV version when high gasoline prices forces them to make one to avoid having to go into bankruptcy.
The Suv;s and trucks are bankrupting them now, the only reason they giving us the new Camaro now is that they already spent 5 years and 1.3 billion on labor and design and
making the production line and parts and all things associated with the car. They didn't know they would be near bankrupt 5 years ago when they spent all that money on this car. GM is between a rock and a hard place right now. I love the car I just want GM to survive and to do so they have to change how cars are made and what kind of fuel they burn. I hope there is enough above average salary people in the USA that will buy the new camaro so they can survive. Make no mistake GM knows what they are up against they know its time for a change, when they do market a EV version in 3 years that shows you how quiet and powerful and beautiful the EV version is they will have me and all others wanting one.

·
Registered
5,298 Posts

Camaro EV...yeah, ok

Yea you will be praying to own a ev version of the same hot car. Everyone knows a ac motor has 100 percent torque at zero rpm. That means 0-60 in 3 sec. 2 cents a mile to drive on electricity. GM will introduce a EV version when high gasoline prices forces them to make one to avoid having to go into bankruptcy.
The Suv;s and trucks are bankrupting them now, the only reason they giving us the new Camaro now is that they already spent 5 years and 1.3 billion on labor and design and
making the production line and parts and all things associated with the car. They didn't know they would be near bankrupt 5 years ago when they spent all that money on this car. GM is between a rock and a hard place right now. I love the car I just want GM to survive and to do so they have to change how cars are made and what kind of fuel they burn. I hope there is enough above average salary people in the USA that will buy the new camaro so they can survive. Make no mistake GM knows what they are up against they know its time for a change, when they do market a EV version in 3 years that shows you how quiet and powerful and beautiful the EV version is they will have me and all others wanting one.

And the good news is we sold 20+ tahoe's & Suburbans in the last two weeks. I wish we had 50 more here. They sell.

Z06 Corvette - 25 MPG highway, no gas guzzler tax. Too bad the Viper can't say that.

Ford SHOULD be doing something, their resale value is pathetic.

And finally, based on what I'm seeing at THIS dealership, Camaro sales will be far from dismal. :patriot:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Gas prices wont ever go down as one poster thinks they will.

Global supply uncertainties, combined with significant demand growth in INdia and China (2 billion new car customers), the Middle East, and Latin America, are expected to continue to pressure oil markets," the EPA agency said.

China is the new emerging America they got all our money and now can afford to quit riding bikes and buy their first car! Thanks to the largest company in the World (Walmart). They will ensure continued higher prices due to ever so quickly
increases in demand. We as a nation are so poor right now we had to actually borrow trillions of China at 6 percent interest so we could even get the highly
praised stimulus check from the IRS. That doesn't even include the debt borrowed for the war. It will take 10 buck a gallon gas for Americans to get a real grip that gas and oil isn.t our true future with our cars and trucks. EV cars
were here before the gasoline car and they have finally made it back after a hundred year lapse. Tesla gave us the electric power we use today in evrything we use, he gave us the elctric motor thast we use for everything but the car and he said in the future electric cars will come back. AS he had a real viable electric car that would do 120 mph in 1939.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am a chevy Lover

I had a white on white 69 Z28 with 302 DZ and a 4 speed with 4 wheel disc brakes from 1983 to 1998

I sold it to a collector for 45k to satisfy my wife desire to pay off some bills and
buy her a new car.(miss my baby) But I really love the new Camaro but think i will wait out the new oil crisis and get me a EV Version. If that doesn't happen I will buy a V6 version and swap it over to a 300 hp EV. I can drive for free with my solar paneled garage. Goodbye OIL I say. Id rather keep my 300 to 400 a month Id spend on gas for myself to take a family vacation or something once in a while.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Since when is this a newbie chevy bashing forum?

Everyone, reach back and pull the handle down..........Put that 1.6 gallons of water to good use! Anti-Chevy opinions mean very little around here.
+1

And jeremy, that "gas hog" Camaro you speak of, isn't a gas hog. My 89 RS will get around 30 mpg (ranges form 27-32 depending on length of trip) on the highway and about 20 mpg in the city (I drive very conservatively) and thats all from a platform thats 20+ years old and rated by the EPA to get 15mpg city and 23mpg highway. Gas miser if you ask me.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I respect that

Im glad it gets good mileage, but really dude, what you gonna do when the day gets here when its 200- 300 bucks for a fill up. We all got to progress to this
old but new EV technology to survive, and that is exactly why GM is building the
Chevy Volt. They have to, they have no choice but compete or out compete with the Japanese car makers just to survive and we gotta help GM buy switching
to this new tech, when GM see's we like it and want the volt they will make all their great cars like the Camaro a super fast and reliable EV. And we can quit sending all our money to the middle East and keep in in the USA to better our economy and us as a people.

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
I work out a GYM where a Guy who is making a killing off of the oil/Gas we have today. I asked him Will Gas ever hit $6/$8 maybe higher ? His answer was If WE KEEP BUYING IT THEN YES !!!!!!!! Americans are buying it faster than its being given to us.
However even he agreed that people WILL soon or later stop driving as much and that will effect the economy meaning no one spending money and so on.
DOMINO EFFECT !!!!!!!!! I dont see it KILLING us for good but I do see it getting worse before we fix the problem or get control of it.

Besides what brings this guy here to sign up and get the idea he is going to worry everyone and force us to not buy a Camaro ?????

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
I believe that day may come in the future, but I can't see it happening anytime soon. This is kinda "the sky is falling" stuff.

The EV cars cost way too much right now. It will take those gas prices to make it worth it for people to switch. GM can not build the cars without demand for them. Lutz was wanting to switch to these cars. Lutz wanted higher gas prices to help them make the change. He knows it can't be done without high gas prices. The current prices have changes some peoples habbits, but there are still people that are not bothered by the current prices. I traded my 3.2 L CTS for a 6.2L Escalade just a couple months ago. I am not paying That much more for fuel. The place where it cost me the most is the price of goods going up. This change from a 30mpg car to a 20mpg SUV only cost me about $60 more per month in fuel. Big deal. My problem is I am spending about $400-500 more on groceries per month.

I believe the next step with be a cellulose biofuel. IMO EV is too big of a jump to be price effective.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Im only promoting people to think a little.

The new camaro is like candy for a kid in a candy store, hell I want one too but iI do know that our economy is forever changed by the 3 billion people from India and china all becoming equal with us and them people getting a car for the first time in their lives. America can quit buying oil today and china and india would go into a bidding war on price per barrel to get all they can get. The price will never get cheaper only higher. GM has lost 51 Billion Dollars
in the last 3 years becuase of this very thing. THey have to force change upon us just like Henry Ford Did in 1919 his cheap gas powered car would drive longer
than the electric cars did in that time and forced 4 electric car companies out of business. Today GM has to educate the public on the electric car and its values to us as a nation of people and the environment and the economy.
GM will have a electric car within 25k within 3 years and if we dont support them they will go bankrupt and your new camaro will will fade out forever.
No new cars no parts no nothing. Support GM in their decisions, they are doing for us for the long term and they are correct with their endevours.

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
The newbie crystalball effect:

Predicts:

Well since the newb has such valuable insight into the future; everyone should does as he says. He is wise. I have no doubt in my mind that he is right.

And basically to keep from wasting space; basically brandon's last post voice my opinion.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.