Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the current answer to this question is that the Camaro will be close to mustang's price I decided to see what is mustang's price. I picked only 4 cars for details since we know that there is going to be a V6 Camaro and a V8. This what I came up with for pricing on 2008 mustangs.

Shelby GT500KR
MSRP $79,995*

Shelby GT500
MSRP $42,685*

Shelby GT500 Convertible
MSRP $47,510*

Mustang GT
MSRP $26,425*
• 300-hp 4.6L OHC 3V V8 engine and Tremec 5-speed manual transmission (5-speed automatic optional)
• Anti-Lock Brake System with Traction Control
• Side impact airbags
• Auxiliary audio input jack
• Fog lamps
• 17" premium painted cast-aluminum wheels
• 18" polished-aluminum wheels with tri-bar Pony center cap optional
• DVD Navigation System optional
• HID headlamps optional

Mustang GT Premium
MSRP $28,375*
• 300-hp 4.6L OHC 3V V8 engine and Tremec 5-speed manual transmission (5-speed automatic optional)
• Shaker 500 Audio System with six-disc CD changer, MP3 capability and eight speakers
• Sport bucket seats with leather seating surfaces
• Side impact airbags
• Fog lamps
• HID headlamps optional

Mustang GT Convertible
MSRP $31,250*

Mustang GT Premium Convertible
MSRP $33,200*

Mustang Bullitt
MSRP $31,685*

GT Cal Special Package
MSRP $30,270*

V6 Pony Package
MSRP $22,485*

Mustang V6
MSRP $19,735*
• 210-hp 4.0L SOHC V6 engine and 5-speed transmission (5-speed automatic optional)
• 16" painted aluminum wheels with bright machined face
• Air conditioning
• Premium AM/FM stereo with single-CD player and digital clock
• Cloth bucket seats with four-way driver adjust, two-way passenger adjust; 50/50 split-fold rear seat backs (coupe only)

Mustang V6 Premium
MSRP $21,735*
• Shaker 500 Audio System with six-disc CD changer, MP3 capability and eight speakers
• Power-adjustable six-way driver seat with two-way head restraint and power lumbar
• Side impact airbags
• 16" bright machined cast aluminum wheels with chrome spinners
• 18" premium polished forged wheels optional
• V6 Safety and Security Package optional
• HID headlamps optional

Mustang V6 Convertible
MSRP $24,560*

Mustang V6 Premium Convertible
MSRP $26,560*

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
Mustang GT Premium
MSRP $28,375*
• Sport bucket seats with leather seating surfaces
• Side impact airbags
• Fog lamps
• HID headlamps optional

Mustang GT Premium Convertible
MSRP $33,200*
QUOTE]

so i guess my camaro will be 30k+:confused::eek:

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
Im hoping a SS will land in between a Mustang GT Premium and a Challenger R/T in pricing. Thats affordable and reasonable.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I am actually quite surprised that a mustang V8 only puts out 300 horses.... I had never looked at the specs before. I think GM will for sure price the Camaro very competitively with mustangs because for them this car is a really big deal. They need to sell allot of these cars and i just don't think they will get the kind of numbers they need if it is priced near or above 28 to 30k For the base car that is... not the SS or Z28.

Oh and by the way:

1 MORE DAY!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
I am actually quite surprised that a mustang V8 only puts out 300 horses.... I had never looked at the specs before. I think GM will for sure price the Camaro very competitively with mustangs because for them this car is a really big deal. They need to sell allot of these cars and i just don't think they will get the kind of numbers they need if it is priced near or above 28 to 30k For the base car that is... not the SS or Z28.

Oh and by the way:

1 MORE DAY!!!!!!
i hope i dont pay more than 35 for a v8 vert....:confused:

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
idk? i don't think so but hopefully...
I would think they would wait a while for the Vert since it is not coming out right now. 30 to 35 for a vert ? Hell I sure hope so that would mean the coupe will be cheaper.

I'm also trying to keep in mind the new stang that comes out in a year will go up in price as well so we will see..............

tomorrow

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
I would think they would wait a while for the Vert since it is not coming out right now. 30 to 35 for a vert ? Hell I sure hope so that would mean the coupe will be cheaper.

I'm also trying to keep in mind the new stang that comes out in a year will go up in price as well so we will see..............

tomorrow
no it's TODAY!!!!:roxor::patriot::D:fluffy::thumbsup::5go:

·
Registered
544 Posts
Yeah! It's today! So where's the news!?!? I just got back from watching "The Dark Knight" two hours ago and have been waiting for the cherry on the top of this Sundae, err....I mean Monday. Where's my cherry!? :lol:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts