Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple
11,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DETROIT — You can't launch a car with any aspirations of "performance" and not do your time at Germany's famed Nürburgring racetrack — it's just plain expected these days. So General Motors Corp. certainly wasn't about to shy away from the 'Ring with the sizzling new 2010 Chevrolet Camaro. At Monday's official unveiling of the production version of the new-age Camaro, Inside Line chased down a ranking Camaro engineer and asked for the crucial lap time.

Doug Houlihan, GM's chief engineer for global rear-wheel-drive vehicles (the architecture underneath the Camaro, the Pontiac G8 and all that blowsy, big-V8 Holden stuff from Australia, where the platform originates), coughed it right up: A Camaro SS ran the Nürburgring in 8:20.

Full article:
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=129586

That's pretty frickin fast. :cool:

·
Registered
14 Posts
man that is awesome! The 09 CTS-V is running it in 7:59....there are videos on youtube. only 20sec difference over the what, is it 9 or 12 miles....something like that. and the CTS-V has the supercharged 550 horse milll in it. i am freakin pumped. despite being a little heavy due to its size, seems like this thing can really do it all. Go, stop, and turn - which is good cuz when I get mine, you can be sure I will be doing some track days with it. Mid-Ohio is an awesome course and is only and hour from my house. I cant wait! :roxor:

Nice work Camaro team!:patriot:

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
It's also a full 2 seconds faster than the chevy cobalt which ran a 8:22.
I wouldn't refer to 2 seconds as FULL. Those two cars seem to run neck and neck. Good for Chevy :D

Anyone have a list of cars and their times at THE RING?

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
Here ya go, Joe.;)
Thank You :D

Any links besides Wiki? That stuff is as only as reliable as they last person to update it :lol:

What was the powertrain in the Camaro used in that test? has anyone been able to verify it yet?

Camaro SS = Cobalt SS so far.

·
See You On Course
3,867 Posts
im sry but this new camaro has disappointed me -_-
Disappointed? Are you worried about how much time is between the Camaro and the ZR-1, or how it did overall? This is NOT the production car, it's a test mule. This was probably NOT a race car driver, but an engineer (if I'm wrong about that, let me know).

- 7 seconds behind a Viper SRT-10? I'll take that.
- 4 seconds behind and Aston Martin DB9? Yep.
- ANY Ford mustang on the list? Nope.
- ANY Challenger times? Nope.
- 17 seconds faster than a Honda S2000? I'll take that.
- 14 seconds faster than a Porsche Boxster? I'll take that.
- 4 seconds faster than a Subaru STi? Yep.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Disappointed? Are you worried about how much time is between the Camaro and the ZR-1, or how it did overall? This is NOT the production car, it's a test mule. This was probably NOT a race car driver, but an engineer (if I'm wrong about that, let me know).

- 7 seconds behind a Viper SRT-10? I'll take that.
- 4 seconds behind and Aston Martin DB9? Yep.
- ANY Ford mustang on the list? Nope.
- ANY Challenger times? Nope.
- 17 seconds faster than a Honda S2000? I'll take that.
- 14 seconds faster than a Porsche Boxster? I'll take that.
- 4 seconds faster than a Subaru STi? Yep.
Its not even a "real" car yet and its kicking ass!
(not real meaning they havnt actually built any yet)

·
Registered
637 Posts
No, but am offering up my first born. He's a long haired baggie pants wearing ipod listening video game playing loser 15 year old and you can have him for the chance to run the 'ring.:eek:

I'll staple a hundred dollar bill to his forehead if that helps any!!:lol:

Don't fet me wrong I love my kid but the 'ring in a new Camaro................

1 - 20 of 60 Posts