Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Charlotte N.C. -- A former N.C. State University football player was killed in an early Sunday wreck when a speeding Camaro slammed into the car in which he was riding, according to a Charlotte-Mecklenburg police report.

Edrick Smith, 29, was in the backseat of a Honda Accord, which police said was split in two from the force of the collision just before 1 a.m. at the intersection of North Tryon Street and Salome Church Road.

Police say the driver of the Camaro ran from the scene and was later tracked down by a police helicopter and officers with dogs searching nearby woods.

Hugo Fernando Rosillo, 30, was taken to the hospital after he was arrested. He is charged with second-degree murder, felony hit-and-run and driving while impaired.

///Here are pictures//

http://www.wsoctv.com/slideshow/news/20430463/detail.html

·
Registered
472 Posts
I've never seen a wheel come apart like that one photo.
The outer section and the rotor, but the rest of the wheel is gone.

I was scared driving 90 down a road where I knew a deer could shoot out of the brush.
You have to be a moron to do 120 where cars can appear. :mad:

·
Registered
514 Posts
This is one of those OMG moments.very sad:(... I cannot believe how stupid some people are. How much money has been spent to educate people about drinking and driving. I pray for all of those involved...including the driver. He will remember and regret what he did for the rest of his life. This kids family has to be in shock....The bad part to this...the people who read this will not learn anything from it and still drink and drive if they currently do.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its one of those deals you just want 20 seconds of your life back. This guy will be in North Carolina State Prison a LONG time.
The Honda was split in freakin half.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Charlotte N.C. -- A former N.C. State University football player was killed in an early Sunday wreck when a speeding Camaro slammed into the car in which he was riding, according to a Charlotte-Mecklenburg police report.

Edrick Smith, 29, was in the backseat of a Honda Accord, which police said was split in two from the force of the collision just before 1 a.m. at the intersection of North Tryon Street and Salome Church Road.

Police say the driver of the Camaro ran from the scene and was later tracked down by a police helicopter and officers with dogs searching nearby woods.

Hugo Fernando Rosillo, 30, was taken to the hospital after he was arrested. He is charged with second-degree murder, felony hit-and-run and driving while impaired.

///Here are pictures//

http://www.wsoctv.com/slideshow/news/20430463/detail.html
I hope Mr. "Hugo Fernando Rosillo" gets some serious jail time for his homicidal joy ride, not to mention his idiotic decision to flee the scene. Btw, this sort of thing is certainly not helping our insurance rates. Unfortunately it's not the car that's unsafe, it's these people who are getting their sorry butts in the driver's seat.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I've never seen a wheel come apart like that one photo.
The outer section and the rotor, but the rest of the wheel is gone.

I was scared driving 90 down a road where I knew a deer could shoot out of the brush.
You have to be a moron to do 120 where cars can appear. :mad:

I'm surprised that was the only part of the Camaro to have come flying off. I thought for sure that Camaro would have been in worse shape than it was after tearing a car in half at 120.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Holy Shi! that is so sad man it really makes you think back at all the time you were speeding for no reason and you say to yourself i could of hit anybody during those moments

·
Registered
401 Posts
Its one of those deals you just want 20 seconds of your life back. This guy will be in North Carolina State Prison a LONG time.
The Honda was split in freakin half.
idk where i live one guy has hit 3 people and has been caught 7 times dui
he is back on the road today
about 5 months in prison
one person has half a face and one leg
another has no arm(up the the shoulder ad paralyzed form the waist down)
the other was killed

·
Registered
731 Posts
idk where i live one guy has hit 3 people and has been caught 7 times dui
he is back on the road today
about 5 months in prison
one person has half a face and one leg
another has no arm(up the the shoulder ad paralyzed form the waist down)
the other was killed
WAT man this just goes to show how easygoing our justice system goes:angry:

·
Registered
401 Posts
where do you live?!
California(bakersfield)
it was on the news a couple months ago(actually maybe 2-4 somewhere in this time period)
there was a story of the girl that got half her face torn off and she wanted to meet him(her parents had died also :( ) so she went and met him and they had a story on him and her
if i was her idk if i would beat him to where he cant drive anymore or what
but its pretty sad...

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
California(bakersfield)
it was on the news a couple months ago(actually maybe 2-4 somewhere in this time period)
there was a story of the girl that got half her face torn off and she wanted to meet him(her parents had died also :( ) so she went and met him and they had a story on him and her
if i was her idk if i would beat him to where he cant drive anymore or what
but its pretty sad...
glad i'm not on the road with him.. if he's got any sense after meeting that girl he won't ever drive again.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Wow! That was truly tragic. The loss of human life for no reason, other than one person's total disregard for public safety.

Two items of advice:

1. Don't drink and then drive! Very simple.

2. Keep the high-speed runs on the racetrack, either a drag strip, or a road course. Too many unknown variables and potential hazards on the public roadways.

I am sorry guys, but we'll keep seeing these types situations until our lawmakers and criminal justice system gets serious about this issue. Unlike the popular belief in America; driving is a "priviledge", and not a "right"! When our state and federal departments of transportation, legislative branches, justice departments, law enforcement agencies and citizens start treating and respecting it as such then we might start to seeing a change. Just as felons can't possess firearms, I feel that persons convicted of felony DUI cases shouldn't be allowed to own or operate any motor vehicle. :(

·
Registered
193 Posts
Wow! That was truly tragic. The loss of human life for no reason, other than one person's total disregard for public safety.

Two items of advice:

1. Don't drink and then drive! Very simple.

2. Keep the high-speed runs on the racetrack, either a drag strip, or a road course. Too many unknown variables and potential hazards on the public roadways.

I am sorry guys, but we'll keep seeing these types situations until our lawmakers and criminal justice system gets serious about this issue. Unlike the popular belief in America; driving is a "priviledge", and not a "right"! When our state and federal departments of transportation, legislative branches, justice departments, law enforcement agencies and citizens start treating and respecting it as such then we might start to seeing a change. Just as felons can't possess firearms, I feel that persons convicted of felony DUI cases shouldn't be allowed to own or operate any motor vehicle. :(
:werd:

That is such a tragedy. I mean that honda was freakin.........holy crap.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts