Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Another reason why the West is great. :D How far did you go, miles wise? How was the ride? I'm on my 10th car and my butt hates long drives. :(

We did about 3000 miles all together. The ride was fantastic, very comfortable. my butt got a little sore at times to,but on a trip like that there is lots of stopping and site seeing,so it worked out pretty good. What is your 10th car?

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
We did about 3000 miles all together. The ride was fantastic, very comfortable. my butt got a little sore at times to,but on a trip like that there is lots of stopping and site seeing,so it worked out pretty good. What is your 10th car?
Subaru WRX. I love it and plan on keeping this one. But I've said that with the last 4. :D I need AWD but didn't want an SUV since I don't have kids or anything so I was sort of stuck between Japanese or German and lets face it, German, as much as I love it, is way to finicky. I can't let go of RWD though. I test drove a 1SS in early '10. It was an auto and I've only owned 1 auto. That probably didn't help me any. :(

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Subaru WRX. I love it and plan on keeping this one. But I've said that with the last 4. :D I need AWD but didn't want an SUV since I don't have kids or anything so I was sort of stuck between Japanese or German and lets face it, German, as much as I love it, is way to finicky. I can't let go of RWD though. I test drove a 1SS in early '10. It was an auto and I've only owned 1 auto. That probably didn't help me any. :(
lol ya i hear ya. what model wrx did you get? sti?

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
lol ya i hear ya. what model wrx did you get? sti?
No. I have a TR. Basically, I have the basic 2.5 with the small WRX turbo and none of the creature comforts. I was so excited to get a WRX I didn't think about the Limited (heated leather seats, auto climate control, heated mirrors and windshield wipers). I got the basic strip everything out and make a track car WRX. All the go, none of the mmmm comfy. :( I love it though. I wouldn't trade this car for anything.

Now my 350Z on the other hand....

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
love the nav setup. what kind is it? how hard was it to get used to those switches?
Its a clarion P90X in the Metra double din kit. Its an alright unit but getting a little old now. It actually wasn't bad at all to replace. Found some pretty descriptive videos online that helped me out alot.god bless utube ;)The switches weren' t bad to get to get used to.The nice thing about them is that the fan and heater control actually have alot more settings with this unit.on the rotary dial one i think there was about,about 4 fan speeds?with this i believe theres double that.Same with heat controls. On the negative side it takes alot longer.instead of just a quick crank to go from hot to cold,you gotta sit there and push the button a million times lol

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
i wanted to get pioneer nav for my car. used to have avic n4 in my escalade and i loved it. ten i saw the new double din nav from pioneer and it makes me want to get it now Lol. but i got alot of other things on my list before i go buying a nav.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i wanted to get pioneer nav for my car. used to have avic n4 in my escalade and i loved it. ten i saw the new double din nav from pioneer and it makes me want to get it now Lol. but i got alot of other things on my list before i go buying a nav.
Pioneer makes good ****,and adding a nav to your camaro totaly adds a tonne to the interior,but ya there is more important things to add.need lots of power to get to those places you find on your nav right ;) lol

1 - 20 of 33 Posts