Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay folks hot off the press. I just helped Wooddash.com prototype a sunshade for our new Camaros. I received it today.
I have yet to put it in the car and see how well it fits. Pictures will follow in a couple of days.

Yeah Yeah, I know it's worthless without Pictures. Their coming.

Here's the link:
http://www.wooddash.com/category/CHEVROLET_Sunshades_CAMARO

·
Registered
232 Posts
Thanks for the link. I was thinking about where to buy one. My old one doesn't fit at all. The heat here in fierce!

·
Registered
514 Posts
Besides tinting, we in Texas still use these things (also used them in Florida). I am going to purchase one from Harley D...they say they will make one also to fit the Camaro:D

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Prototype SunShade

Okay, As promised, I have a few pictures of the new SunShade.
Be advised though, This is a PROTOTYPE.
The sunshade is about 4" short, it fits the windshield perfectly. If the Camaro had normal sized sun visors this would be a perfect fit. However, since the sun visors are only 4" wide, they fall short of the windshield about an inch. The sun visors need to over lap the windshield to hold the shade in place.
I will be emailing the company tommorrow and letting them know of the discrepency. Although, I had the link in the earlier post, and the company has it on their website, I would wait to order until the modification is made.

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
No offense i like mine better no visor needed.
Looks great... however it appears there is a lot of light let through still -- what does it do for the interior temp after a long stint in the hot sun?

Out in AZ, we prefer the relective type for keeping interior temps down.

It does look sharp though! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
8,645 Posts
Looks great... however it appears there is a lot of light let through still -- what does it do for the interior temp after a long stint in the hot sun?

Out in AZ, we prefer the relective type for keeping interior temps down.

It does look sharp though! :thumbsup:
I have use these for over 14 years with all my cars. The car is alot cooler with them im guess 20 degrees or more.. I have never burnt my legs on my leather even when i had black leather on the hottest day. BTW it is made with the reflective material.

Attachments

·
Registered
326 Posts
Umm is it just me, or does theguy on that website look like he's hiding something? I expect to hear that song from every which way but loose "when we get behind closed doors" to play :lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wooddash.com SunShade

Okay, As promised and I'm sorry it's taken so long to get this out.
Here are pictures of the revised sunshade. This fits much better and uses the sun visors to help hold it it place.
Just be sure that the shade is fully seated in the windshield jambs.
This will work well.
Enjoy!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,645 Posts
Do you have a pic with them open? Just wondering how that works. Do they stay up all the time or is it something you can take down when not in use?

Yes they attach to windshield and held together by velcro don't have a good picture of them open (will post one up soon) but here is a couple of them closed one inside and one outside.

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
Yes they attach to windshield and held together by velcro don't have a good picture of them open (will post one up soon) but here is a couple of them closed one inside and one outside.
Great. Looking forward to it. Just wondering if they get in the way of your vision or are annoying being on the side of the pillar.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Okay, As promised and I'm sorry it's taken so long to get this out.
Here are pictures of the revised sunshade. This fits much better and uses the sun visors to help hold it it place.
Just be sure that the shade is fully seated in the windshield jambs.
This will work well.
Enjoy!
FINALLY! A practical use for the 2010 Camaro sun visors! ;)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts