1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the quote from this Website:

"• Chevy CamaroHigh-efficiency and high-power V-6 engine
While the V-8 SS version of the resurrected Camaro gets all the attention,
it’s the V-6 standard coupe and convertible that probably will appeal to most buyers in a world of $50 fill-ups.
This engine will feature direct injection and be capable of achieving close to 30 miles per gallon on the highway.
But the base 3.6-liter V-6 shouldn’t disappoint performance enthusiasts, either. With more than 300 horsepower on tap,
the base V-6 Camaro will be much stronger than the base V-6 powered Dodge Challenger
(250 hp) and more powerful than most of the Z28s of the 1990s that sported V-8 power plants.
Base price: $22,000•"

Could this be true? 22K is magical..

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
that's a bargain for 22K.

fingers are crossed.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Everybody is speculating the cost of the camaro, which is good in certain areas (GM keep the $$$$ LOW), not so good in other areas (Post wars from hell). :eek:

SF
Rick

·
Registered
349 Posts
word... i dunno if that seems realistic or not but the 2010 Camaro would probably own all roadways :D

Agreed, but the only thing I don't like about that sort of thing is that you actually get tired of seeing the same car around. Example: I see Chargers every other block in my city. Granted, some look better than others with added extras and such, but my god, they are everywhere. Same with Mustang. Even a better reason to get the top dog model (SS with stripes) so it at least will stick out in the crowd of base Camaros.

Anyone else agree?

Sean W

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know. I see Mustangs everywhere. It's really annoying. It's good the Challenger is out, so in the meantime, it could wipe out some of these stangs on the road and replace them with Challengers. Mustangs in my town are as popular as trees. I need some variation. I'm getting a V6 Convertible (white w/ orange stripes like my sig), but trust me- it'll stand out.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
That GM flyer for "fashion rocks" said the V8 would start at under 30k. So hopefully that is true. We've heard several "auto news" places saying that the V6 would be 22k. So again, hopefully that will also be true.

As for seeing the cars everywhere, I still see Gen4 Camaros everywhere. Doesn't mean I don't appreciate them, or say to myself "man, there's another V6 Camaro, what a shame". I see Mustangs, too, but when I see them, I think "wow, another person that wanted an American 'muscle car', but bought that because they had no other option".

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
sounds right if you think about it the stang v6 starts at 19? and 3k more for 96more hp and a hellofa lot better car is sweet.

i'll take a v6 + 2 cyclinders plz ;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
if this is true then there is no reason the base v-8 is over $30k
The base LS V6 model will have basically no options whatsoever. The base SS V8 model will have all the added stuff that comes on the uplevel LT V6 model. Add in all of the SS specific stuff like the engine, transmission, brakes, etc. and $30k+ is not at all unreasonable.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
At 22K, we should see a bunch of Camaros on the streets. What is wrong with seeing hundreds of Camaros, Mustangs, or Challengers on our streets? These cars have STYLE. (unlike any tin-cans from overseas). The more AMERICAN PONY CARS I see on my streets means less toyotas, nissans, hondas, kias, hyundais, or any other non-AMERICAN cars. That is a GOOD THING.:patriot:

·
Premium Member
9,152 Posts
At 22K, we should see a bunch of Camaros on the streets. What is wrong with seeing hundreds of Camaros, Mustangs, or Challengers on our streets? These cars have STYLE. (unlike any tin-cans from overseas). The more AMERICAN PONY CARS I see on my streets means less toyotas, nissans, hondas, kias, hyundais, or any other non-AMERICAN cars. That is a GOOD THING.:patriot:
You mean the American Camaro, engineered in Australia and assembled in Canada? :rotflmao:

·
Registered
1,054 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
As long as it's not like that "American Beer Company": Budweiser....
Being a native of STL, I was pissed that happened.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.