Modern Camaro Forums banner

2010 Camaro VS 2009 Challenger SRT8

4K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  CamaroCliff 
#1 · (Edited)
See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
They could have done the same with the G8 GT.

The G8 would probably win.
Or atleast be a draw.

EDIT: Holy crap, the 6.1L hemi takes 91 octane fuel?

So it requires premium fuel AND gets horrible gas mileage?

wow.

EDIT x2:
I was hoping that article wouldn't say anything stupid and wrong. The camaro isn't being built in ozzieland, ya dips. :\

#3 ·
basically what I have predicted. If a L76 can hang with Srt-8 Charger, the Chally weighs 40 less than the Charger, and if the Camaro weight at least 100 lbs less than the G8........ then I can see even a L76 Camaro beating a SRT-8 Chally (And that not even trim for trim...A L76 Camaro could prolly murder a 380hp Chally R/T).

#6 ·
great article now I give you the quote of the day from it "God help Dodge and Ford should Chevy decide to do a limited higher-performance SS model with the 505-hp LS7 from the Corvette Z06 or the 620-hp supercharged LS9 from the Corvette ZR1." I just had to add Ford because you know they are worried to

#7 · (Edited)
Ive heard the gearing arguement, but I still think if a L76 G8 can hang with 425hp Charger then something is up with the L76's or 6.1 Hemi's ratings.

If not, this car is highly restrained from the factory.
A CAI here, a tune there.........:

http://www.g8board.com/forums/showthread.php?t=672

There best time stock was 13.40 @ 103 mph.
A G8 is a heavier car than a LS2 GTO. Most LS2 GTOs run those kind of times out of the box (even though GM stated it for 12.9 in the quarter).

I expect a Camaro weighing near that of the last GTO will run 13 flat. If that same car can do that at a price near that of the current mustang....I think noone should complain. I wouldnt. Not to mention how responsive the L76 is to mods. If a L76 VE can breaking into the 11 with just bolt-ons, im sure a camaro could to with a little more ease. Then cam only.......jesus....low 11s in a VE, im sure a Camaro witht he same cam spec and bolt-ons could squeeze out a high 10 with a good driver.

But then again Im speculating. It at least a positive outlook though. LS3 is good and all, but underestimation of the L76 would bring on some fun.

#9 ·
I can go with that. I'm willing to bet the L76 is a tad underrated to post times that close to the SRT-8, that and the 6speed auto helped the acceleration alot. Most dyno's of the slopars back up their claim. I can imagine the look on a mustang GT's face when a 4 door car blows their doors off :lol::roxor:.

#13 ·
no worries here :) just more conformation that the Camaro is about to rule the streets again

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.