Modern Camaro Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple
11,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dumb toyota driver pulled out in traffic, Camaro t-boned him going 30-35 mph.

Camaro has heavy front damage, but the rest of the frame is pretty much solid.
Passengers were unharmed - check out the integrity of the cabin!

Tacoma, as you see, rolled on it's side, and has a mangled frame from the impact.

When was the last time you saw a car VS truck accident and the CAR won?

Nasty crash, but THUMBS UP to the build quality and safety of Camaro! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
GREAT! Another newsworthy total loss of a 2010 Camaro. :mad:

At least the Camaro driver *shouldn't* be at fault.

·
Registered
47 Posts
He is at fault, he turned from center in front of 2 lanes of cars that stopped to let him turn (guessing they were backed up from the light maybe 500ft ahead). He turned into my lane I was doing 35mph and had JUST enough time to hit brakes. Probably hit him at ~30mph. Below is my artist representation of how it all went down and more pictures of the car.

·
Supporting Super Moderator
2,416 Posts
He is at fault, he turned from center in front of 2 lanes of cars that stopped to let him turn (guessing they were backed up from the light maybe 500ft ahead). He turned into my lane I was doing 35mph and had JUST enough time to hit brakes. Probably hit him at ~30mph. Below is my artist representation of how it all went down and more pictures of the car.
Glad you're ok:thumbsup: sucks to see the car smashed

·
Registered
73 Posts
At this point in time I'm assuming the camaro is totaled. Any chance of ordering another like what you had? Geee really nice SS that was... glad you was unscathed and glad GM did their homework on the bodywork for things like this..

·
Registered
47 Posts
No telling as of yet if it's totaled. I hope it is honestly. I can get another just tough to find white right now. Did some initial searching and cant find a 2ss/rs M6 car with black interior in white...

Hope they pay for my stripes and tint if it's totaled also!

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Didn't order the first time because i didn't want to wait. Found one at a dealer and made a deal. Was told 5 months when i was looking at ordering. Same day I drove mine home!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Not a problem. Maybe some good can come of this. It definitely is a testament to the build quality and structural integrity. We stopped in a VERY short distance from 30-35mph. Like...5ft....

Car may be a wash but it can be replaced.

·
Registered
560 Posts
WOW, at least your alright man!:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
It's so good to hear you're ok man. I was involved in a similar accident way back in my mom's 00 Firebird. I hope everything comes out ok.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Glad your ok and how much better the Camaro is.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.