Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does any one know if u can get the v8 package without the air conditioner, with crank down windows, and stuff that would reduce weight like no radio
and such?
that would be more fun
the sound of your exhaust as your radio
less weight=faster
hopefully GM has thought about this

·
Registered
172 Posts
I just don't see it happening. I don't think we will see crank windows ever again on anything. Technology has come to far these days and companies would have to back track to do things like that. And since maybe 1% of people would want no radio or A/C, it would probably cost GM more in the long run to build a few without those.
Good idea?...Maybe
Realistic?...IMHO, no

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
highly doubt it...you probably wont even be able to get it without onstar and XM, let alone power windows and a radio.

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
With advantages in technology, power windows and other power options are now cheaper and lighter to produce, so those manual options are a thing of the past.

You won't see a no-radio, no-AC Camaro, but there is a 1LE option being looked into like in previous generations.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
You can take out the A/C yourself, as well as sound-deadening material, the radio, back seats, etc.... to make your own stripper. It's a lot easier to take things off, than to put things on. :D

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have to agree with everyone else. Most of the things that were called options in the past are now standard equipment. Its not likely you will be able to get one without that stuff.

that said....I would really like to see a LS3 option in the base RS? :p

·
Registered
78 Posts
I dont know where he is from but I would die in south texas with out it hell I had it put in my 64 chevy II so I could cruise and enjoy seeing with out sweat in my eyes lol

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Elapsed Times, friend! Weight is your enemy in the 1/4 and road coarse!;)
First I have to drop weight on myself, then I'll worry about my car. Kinda seem ironic to be a fat guy in a skiny car. :D

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
that said....I would really like to see a LS3 option in the base RS? :p
Sorry, there is no "base RS". The RS is an appearance package that can be applied to any model, V6 or V8. The base V8 will still be an SS, just no RS, no leather, etc...

·
8,984 Posts
Ok, not to be rude but why in the world would you ever in your right mind not want A/C?????
Ohhh neverminbd, I give up with this one!:BangHead:

·
Registered
54 Posts
does any one know if u can get the v8 package without the air conditioner, with crank down windows, and stuff that would reduce weight like no radio
and such?
that would be more fun
the sound of your exhaust as your radio
less weight=faster
hopefully GM has thought about this
You can park it in the wrong neighborhood and get it stripped free of charge. I gaurantee it will be alot lighter.:lol:

·
Registered
172 Posts
You can park it in the wrong neighborhood and get it stripped free of charge. I gaurantee it will be alot lighter.:lol:
Yeah but after getting your car tuned by Ghetto Land Racing i don't think you'll be driving anywhere..... concrete blocks dont roll too well as wheels! :lol:

·
Registered
102 Posts
With advantages in technology, power windows and other power options are now cheaper and lighter to produce, so those manual options are a thing of the past.
I can't remember where I saw it, but I believe power windows are a must because on the Camaro, they roll down a fraction of an inch when you open the door and then rolls back up into the weatherstripping when it's closed. The Mustang and Mini does that. They had a term for it.

Larry

1 - 20 of 34 Posts