Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was just on ebay and a dealer in nevada states in there auction they are getting a ss red jewel delivered by 4-15-09? what do you guys think?

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
was just on ebay and a dealer in nevada states in there auction they are getting a ss red jewel delivered by 4-15-09? what do you guys think?
Selling his floor model? And he's hoping it comes in early? I thought there was some rule on Ebay about not listing vehicles that you don't have the title to....

Did we not already cover this subject :confused:

·
Registered
31 Posts
its up to 40,000 its a matter of time before other dealers start doing the same thing. and gm wants to know why its going under?

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
Post up the link :D

As discussed here:
http://www.5thgen.org/forum/showthread.php?t=10774

There is nothing wrong with this if they have a VIN and if the vehicle is available within 30 days from the date of purchase (i.e., the day the listing ends or the date the item is purchased from a store front listing).

Ebay listing policy:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/listing-ov.html

Listings must not misrepresent items.

Except as noted in the specific policy as exceptions, sellers cannot:

List items in inappropriate categories.

Misrepresent the item location from which their item will be shipped.

Include brand names or other inappropriate keywords in a title or description. This is known as keyword spamming.

Have misleading titles that do not accurately describe the item for sale.

Listings cannot use techniques to avoid or circumvent eBay fees.
Except as noted in the specific policy as exceptions, sellers cannot:

Offer a catalog from which buyers may directly order.

Allow buyers a choice of significantly different items

List a single item but offer additional identical items for sale in the item description.

Include separate payment surcharges that buyers pay to use ordinary forms of payment.

Misuse the Reserve Price option.

Charge excessive shipping.

Offer the opportunity through eBay to purchase the item or other merchandise outside of eBay.

Use their About Me Page to promote outside-of-eBay sales or prohibited items.

--------------------------

Pre-Sale Listings:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/pre-sale.html

Pre-sale listings are those that describe items for sale that are not in the control or possession of the seller at the time of the listing. These listings generally consist of items that are sold in advance of a delivery date to the public.

eBay permits Pre-sale listings only on a limited basis. The seller must guarantee that the item will be available for shipping within 30 days from the date of purchase (i.e., the day the listing ends or the date the item is purchased from a store front listing). The seller must also clearly indicate within the listing the fact that the item is a pre-sale item with a delivery date that indicates the item will be shipped by the 30th day from the end date of the listing.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Could be someone's order they backed out of? The car's should be rolling out next week, so it's very possible the car could get there by then if already built.

Besides, I thought there was no restrictions if the supplied floor model gets sold? I thought those were going to be 6 cyl. anyway and this one is a 1SS. So many conflicting stories I guess it doesn't matter. They're building more. In a month, this will be a moot point anyway.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
its up to 40,000 its a matter of time before other dealers start doing the same thing. and gm wants to know why its going under?
How/why is this in any way related to GM's troubles? They just released a car that is in high demand...isn't that a good thing? There were GT-500's and Challengers on ebay going for big money when they first came out. Once the cars hit the street in force, the prices will calm down a bit.

I don't agree with dealers marking up, but if people are bidding on them and paying the $$ on ebay, why not? It's the buyers that are stupid.

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
How/why is this in any way related to GM's troubles? They just released a car that is in high demand...isn't that a good thing? There were GT-500's and Challengers on ebay going for big money when they first came out. Once the cars hit the street in force, the prices will calm down a bit.

I don't agree with dealers marking up, but if people are bidding on them and paying the $$ on ebay, why not? It's the buyers that are stupid.
finally, some reason in a sea of negativity :D

ebay or dealer markup, if the buyer want's to pay it, more power to them :thumbsup:

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
finally, some reason in a sea of negativity :D

ebay or dealer markup, if the buyer want's to pay it, more power to them :thumbsup:

thanks...that's how I roll.:thumbsup:

I'm really effin tired of hearing "no wonder GM is going under".:angry:

·
Registered
31 Posts
if dealers see that people are willing to pay above msrp then what will stop my dealer from selling my car to the highest bidder? im number 1 at my dealer but if someone is willing to drop $5,000 over what im willing to pay my dealer will sell it and tell me too bad.

·
Registered
913 Posts
if dealers see that people are willing to pay above msrp then what will stop my dealer from selling my car to the highest bidder? im number 1 at my dealer but if someone is willing to drop $5,000 over what im willing to pay my dealer will sell it and tell me too bad.
Not if you have a deposit down and a price IN WRITING from your dealer (along with your spot in line in writing). If you don't, it's your fault- not the dealer's.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts