Modern Camaro Forums banner

What are your thoughts on the Camaro SS?

• It's a Chick Car now.....

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Never liked it to begin with

• Don't like it as much as I used to anymore.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You heard me.... Fergie.....:eek:

"DETROIT — From the department of WTF comes the release of the first official image of the 2010 Camaro SS. The reveal, such as it is, comes in an advertising photo spread Chevy has produced with New York magazine publishing giant, Conde Nast.

The advertisement is part of Conde Nast's free supplement Fashion Rocks — which we suppose explains why singer Fergie is photographed beside the car.

In Chevy-speak, the SS means a Camaro powered by the (estimated) 422 horsepower 6.2-liter V8. And, while it doesn't look much different than the V6 RS models that the company has released photos of, there are some telltale differences. The mail-slot air intake on the top of the deeper front fascia is a full production piece. This is to say nothing of the "SS" badge in the grille. Also, the big front brake rotors are the 14-inchers carrying big Brembo calipers. There's not enough detail in the photograph to tell, but the calipers will carry both the Brembo and Chevrolet names.

The Camaro SS will go on sale in mid-March 2009 — the same time as the V6 models. The V6 cars will start in the low $20Ks and the SS will sneak in under the $30,000 mark.

What this means to you: Next up: Justin Timberlake reveals the Volt."

Source: [Inside Line]

·
Registered
109 Posts
You heard me.... Fergie.....:eek:

The mail-slot air intake on the top of the deeper front fascia is a full production piece.

The Camaro SS will go on sale in mid-March 2009

Source: [Inside Line]

Great, so does this mean that it will now have fully functional RamAir?
If that the case them I'm in for the SS.

Mid-March? Is GM falling behind or having supply problems? I dont like the sound of that.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Great, so does this mean that it will now have fully functional RamAir?
If that the case them I'm in for the SS.

Mid-March? Is GM falling behind or having supply problems? I dont like the sound of that.
Technicly, mid march is still first quarter (I think :confused: )

·
Premium Member
2,416 Posts
I have no clue as to who froggy ferggie is or what she does, so it makes no difference to me.

·
8,984 Posts
So is it in New York Magazine or what?

·
Registered
141 Posts
I like the "SS will sneak in under 30K" part. That is music to my ears!

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
I like the "SS will sneak in under 30K" part. That is music to my ears!
yup...fingers are crossed.;)

Couldn't they find someone better to pose with the SS? I guess it's still early.

·
8,984 Posts
I luv me some fergie........

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Hey, advertising is advertising. Get that car out there in mainstream. There are still some people that I talk to that have no idea.

·
8,984 Posts
Hey, advertising is advertising. Get that car out there in mainstream. There are still some people that I talk to that have no idea.
They are called liberals!

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
So you guys don't know anyone that doesn't live and breathe cars? I have co-workers that don't. They are just regular sheeple. But they wouldn't know about the Camaro if I didn't tell them.

That's all I'm saying. The enthusiasts know it's there, what it's made of, and when it's coming out. But they will not be the ones that keep this car alive, it's the sheeple that have been buying the Mustang because there wasn't another option.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I think this is great! She's just a mainstream pop hip hop artist, and if she can get buyers than GREAT! More importantly I think girls will love this car (perfect)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Fergie, YUCK!:barf: Man, why did they pick her to advertise OUR car. I really don't think I want to front for us, I know alot of people that are not very fawn of her.

If the General has so much riding on this car, then they should have hire Jessica Biel. Now thats a beautiful All-American girl and if she were to show case our car, it would trick the naive in thinking the the new Camaro is American

·
Registered
172 Posts
Say what you will about me but I think they should have had Jessica Simpson...... I know I know, but she just seems like a very American girl and it is a very American car
Plus i don't care if shes a little on the dumb side..... shes frickin hot!

1 - 20 of 62 Posts