Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mother and I agreed that this would make a nice addition to the Garage:

Looks like a Traverse done right.

Congrats, Detroit! Looks like a nice brother to compliment the Malibu.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple
11,842 Posts
Wow! That is really nice looking!
I'm very impressed by the design teams work on this one! :thumbsup:

I always thought the current Equinox was OK.
Not bad, not great, just OK.

This is a smash hit in design, way to go GM! :cool:

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Even better, it comes with Direct injection, and the 4-banger is rated at 30 MPG Highway.

·
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple
11,842 Posts
I was just reading about that new 4-cylinder.
DI 2.4L, 180hp. Just as mush power as the old 3.4L V6.

There's a new V6 too, DI 3.0L V6, 255hp.
Don't know the EPA ratings on that yet though.

Nice powertrain lineup for sure! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
From GM's press release:

Chevrolet unveiled the all-new 2010 Equinox, a compact crossover that blends distinctive design with outstanding efficiency. A new, 2.4L direct injection engine helps the Equinox deliver expected best-in-segment estimated highway fuel economy of 30 mpg (EPA certification pending) – a 25-percent improvement over the previous model. Chevrolet expects nearly two-thirds of customers will choose the efficient, 2.4L engine.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Not bad...maybe my next DD...hopefully they'll be a sport model. Not crazy about the grill though.

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
Now if they keep the AWD loaded LTZ at less than $30,000 - it will fly off the lots! The Traverse IS doing better than I expected, even the $45,000 AWD LTZ's are flyin off the lots!

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Now if they keep the AWD loaded LTZ at less than $30,000 - it will fly off the lots! The Traverse IS doing better than I expected, even the $45,000 AWD LTZ's are flyin off the lots!

That's really nice to hear. I've seen over 30 Traverses on the road just in my county (almost all LTZ), which is weird, because they cost a lot, but they do give you a lot of bang for your buck, so it's not that surprising. If I were to get a Crossover, it would be the Enclave, though. The concept I saw was the day I fell in love with Buick.

·
2,774 Posts
Scotty how are you selling all of these cars?? you should be in a marketing program..

That is another huge problem with the car companies the markups..

and as far as the new crossover..that thing looks amazing.

I hope this is one of the turn arounds that GM is going to see turn around the company.

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
I'm not in the market for a crossover, but if I were, the Equinox would be at the top of the list. I think it looks great from all aspects......exterior, interior, economy and price. The General strikes again!

:bow_gm:

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
I think I need to take a cobalt SS Turbo and a new Equinox home.....and swap engines.....Then it will be my demo.

I hear people after they drive the Traverse, and they're like "This is so much nicer than the Acadia".....Good for me, bad for Mr. GMC down the road....

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
Scotty, I know the Acadia and Traverse are essentially the same vehicles. Just curious if there are any differences you know of in favor of the Traverse.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts