Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Assuming the 2010 Chevy Camaro ever makes it to production, Hennessey is ready with a stonkin' 705 HP supercharged upgrade kit ready to hoover up $109,000 of your dollars...Click to read more

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Second pic isn't pretty at all. If I were going spend that much, I'd go ZR1. JMO

·
5thGen Supporter ^_^
145 Posts
Second pic isn't pretty at all. If I were going spend that much, I'd go ZR1. JMO
I personally would take an LS9 Camaro over an LS9 Corvette.

I have always been a fan of Corvettes, but I like Camaros more.:thumbsup:

Though for the price, I would do my own work to it and get the same horsepower for a hell of a lot less money. If I were to pick between a LS9 Camaro or a LS9 Corvette.. It'd the Camaro. Call me stupid, but I like what I like. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, the second pic makes it look strikingly simaler appearance to the viper. Well with those wheels on there anyway.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
BLAHAHAHAHAH $109 grand! You gotta be kidding me!!
yeah, that part is a little silly.;):lol: I'd rather get a 2SS put $20K into it and keep the change. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
there is an HPE550 on ebay for 59,996. Hennessey 556hp camaro w/ a supercharger on the ls3

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
BLAHAHAHAHAH $109 grand! You gotta be kidding me!!
No kidding! It might be worth that much in 20 years if anyone gives a ****. Anyone who pays that much now is taking a big loss -- would be lucky to sell it for $50K the moment they drive off in it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah, that part is a little silly.;):lol: I'd rather get a 2SS put $20K into it and keep the change. :rolleyes:
agreed. I'm just gonna stick with the twin turbo STS kit and make 600whp. providing the LS3 can handle it without an engine rebuild.

·
8,984 Posts

Assuming the 2010 Chevy Camaro ever makes it to production, Hennessey is ready with a stonkin' 705 HP supercharged upgrade kit ready to hoover up $109,000 of your dollars...Click to read more

Uhhhh, that 2nd pic looks like a Jinx Design!

·
Registered
23 Posts
One thing to remember about the HPE700 is that it is based off the LS9 ZR1 Engine. Alot of the design comes directly from the ZR1 as well. Carbon front splitter, side rocker panels, rear spoiler and see-thru hood. This car was not built to get maximum horsepower, however we are able to achieve more with the LS9 engine if the customer desires, up to 1000hp. The HPE700 features a LS9 engine which is boosted up to 705hp from 638hp. Although you are unable to buy a LS9 engine, the MSRP price from GM is over $28K for just the engine!

Just some thoughts! However if anyone would like to purchase one, only half a dozen remain of the original 24!

Thanks
James

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i think if i WAS to get one of these i would OPT to keep it looking like it did as it rolled off the line and keep a sleeper look.

·
8,984 Posts
i think if i WAS to get one of these i would OPT to keep it looking like it did as it rolled off the line and keep a sleeper look.
AMEN.

Hell, get someone to make up some BLack 20" rally (sp?) wheels to make it look even less menacing!!!!

·
8,984 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
I'm banned rom there, what research have we all missed?
just the rep about Hennessey, the autoweek article, the outburst on the 300c forums, etc..

you didn't miss anything ;)

sucks that you got banned

I think the guy deserves a second chance, the guy paid the lawsuits and/or settlements, the people got more than their money back I imagine. I think it was Jonz that said earlier there are always 3 sides to a story

I notice it was almost all within 2006 that those incidents happened :confused:

I guess time will tell...

·
8,984 Posts
Yes, I know, but people like to post eroneous BS on the internet.

I know I have SCREWED up in the past and I have been given a second chance.

We allllllll make mistakes.

I have never met JH, but I am sure he has had his share of undesirable employees that looked like winners in the interview.

He is a businessman and this is part of doing business. No offense to those who were involved in lawsuits.

In some business circles The Donald is revered as a genius, but has filed for bankruptcy 3 times, IIRC.

We are all not without fault.

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
Tommy35SS said:
I think the guy deserves a second chance, the guy paid the lawsuits and/or settlements, the people got more than their money back I imagine. I think it was Jonz that said earlier there are always 3 sides to a story
54inches said:
We allllllll make mistakes.

In some business circles The Donald is revered as a genius, but has filed for bankruptcy 3 times, IIRC.

We are all not without fault.
Both of these are good points. I think that the guy deserves another chance.
This is the time to rebuild his reputation.

I'm hoping that he proves the people worried about his past wrong and uses this time to build some wonderful automobiles.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts