Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder how long the 2010 model year will run for before the 2011 starts? Do we know if the vert will be 2010 or 2011? And also, if they dont do SS or Z28 or LS3 first year, and do it second year will it actually be 2011 or just late in the 1st year, like early to mid 2010 actual calendar year and call it 2011 or 2010?

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
I would guess 2011 would start summer 2010.

I have heard that the vert will be a 2010 and come out about 6 months or so later after the coupe.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
brandon, maybe you can tell me why the coupe when it comes out in Jan. 09 is going to be a 2010?

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
I'm guessing the 2010 model year will run through around June or July 2010, as that's a normal time for model year change-over.
So for coupes, the 2010 model year will be a rather lengthy, and for convertibles a little bit short.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I asked because I definitely want a first year but not sure if I can get one the first 6 months it is out. And maybe if the V8 is a L76 then that gives enough time to go LS3 within the first year model, if they plan to (fingers crossed)

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Unless you're Toyota or want to be just like them (*snicker* stop choking guys) and you start your model year a full calendar year ahead. I love how they're selling 2009 Corollas in March of '08.

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
Unless you're Toyota or want to be just like them (*snicker* stop choking guys) and you start your model year a full calendar year ahead. I love how they're selling 2009 Corollas in March of '08.
So thats how they sell so many vehicles to catch up with GM in Yearly sells around the world. :rotflmao:

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
So thats how they sell so many vehicles to catch up with GM in Yearly sells around the world. :rotflmao:
Toyotas, GMs and Mitsubishis dominate the Middle East. Suburbans seem to be the vehicle of choice for middle class arab families. Africans and Asians go nuts for the Yoters and Mitsubishi seems to be the fill in the gap mortar car for everyone. Well, from what I've seen so far anyway.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
I asked because I definitely want a first year but not sure if I can get one the first 6 months it is out. And maybe if the V8 is a L76 then that gives enough time to go LS3 within the first year model, if they plan to (fingers crossed)
If they are planning on putting the LS3 in, they've certainly had enough time to get it done, and shouldn't be throwing it in as a mid-year model change, or even a second year change. To me, if they want to put it in, it should be in from the beginning, for those of us that want to get one as soon as we can.

·
Registered
37 Posts
My dealership told me they thought the 2012 will be a special badged 40th (45th) anniversary...I guess you have to subtract some years ...but he was saying something along those lines that he heard this at a special sales meeting in Detroit....hmmm....don't know if I can hold out past 2010...maybe a trade-in would be in order but I don't know

1 - 13 of 13 Posts