Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Dark Side Moderator
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have a guess and personal tweeks along with my rendering of I think it will look like.

·
Registered
318 Posts
ehhh, its not terrible...it may not be much at all, but it could create additional competition as it sparks sales possibly for Ford?...hell, that just benefits us as consumers.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I cant wait intell The Camaro Vs Mustang Megs start firing up Competition and it will be cool 2 see if the Mustang gots what it takes to roll with the Camaro

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Yep it would be interesting to see what a 400 HP GT would do. I'm going to be more than happy to show them taillights.

·
See You On Course
3,867 Posts
That's what they tell us. But, if it's still on a solid rear axle, then it shows they aren't serious, but just want to bump up the HP so that a V6 Camaro can't beat their V8 Mustang.

·
Dark Side Moderator
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's what they tell us. But, if it's still on a solid rear axle, then it shows they aren't serious, but just want to bump up the HP so that a V6 Camaro can't beat their V8 Mustang.
Ive heard them experimenting with the modified IRS from Expedition, 9.5 I believe. Also word about the Tremec 6060 tranny in the GT models.

The most detail rumor Ive heard (Car and Driver speculation has no backbone or sense) is the DOHC VVT 5.0L engine. The engine is said to be of a different generation/ family than that of the current 4.6/5.4s (a good thing). The bored is much bigger than that of the 4.6/5.4 (4.6 and 5.4 only differ in stroke, bore is the same). They say that there will be a few version of the same engine.

-DI version with upwards in 400hp range
-Car version with 400hp
-Truck version with 370hp (this is claimed to be the engine available in the new F-150 and Raptor, no V6s available in the F-150 line, rumored F-100 line to start being made again with V6s and low-end V8s)

I think the GT will have the Car version, but something along the lines of a BOSS 302 or Mach 1 with get the DI version.

This info seems to have some backbone to it and actual seem like a reasonable move from ford to combat the advancing competition. Seems like a first in many years too. But they are going to have to do something when Dodge is chomping at the bit too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts