The 2010 mustang vs the 2010 camaro
i think the mustang has tried to copy the camaro in many ways
the interior and exterior head lights and nose
im sorry but the camaro still has me by a long shot
the camaro will still be ahead at every track too:p

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
My question is how much better will the camaro be for the price?
Let's just look at the base models and the main aspects (performance/price).

Idk the new Mustang is $21,845. Camaro is $22,995. Mustang
300 horses vs. 210 horses. Camaro
Live axle vs. IRS. Camaro
7.2 sec 0-60 vs. 6.1 sec 0-60. Camaro
15.3 sec 1/4 mile vs. 13.4 sec 1/4 mile. Camaro
24 MPG vs 27 MPG. Camaro

be the judge, lol

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Then consider the huge markeup dealers will put on their Camaros and you'll find the reason why I'm waiting to buy mine. :D
What markups? I haven't heard of 1 person who has ordered that's paying a markup. Sure, there's a few dealers trying to charge a markup (at least they were when orders started)...but PLENTY more charging MSRP (or possibly even less).

My question is how much better will the camaro be for the price?
Is that even an argument? FACTS...the Camaro will out-perform, out-handle & out-brake the 'stang...and it's better on gas. AND IMO, inside and out, is nicer looking. I don't hate the mustang, but plain and simple, for the extra $1k, you're getting a lot more car for your money.

·
Registered
455 Posts

15.3 sec 1/4 mile vs. 13.4 sec 1/4 mile. Camaro
24 MPG vs 27 MPG. Camaro

be the judge, lol
13.4 quater mile....... i think u mean 14.4 im more worries about the v8's and i read somewhere the new mustang does 0-60 flat 5 which is impressive for a car that puts out 315hp not a stang fan but **** .... im hoping there camaro ss hits 4.5 to 60

·
A New Camaro, Excellent!
529 Posts
No contest performance wise. However for some strange reason FORD keeps selling over 100k of em every year. :confused:

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
No contest performance wise. However for some strange reason FORD keeps selling over 100k of em every year. :confused:
not much competition until 2009.;)

·
Registered
318 Posts
blackGT, you don't understand some peoples wants for the new Camaro. Even if it isn't financially smart. I, for example, will be offing my 07 Monte Carlo SS around the end of 2009 for a new Camaro SS, even though I'll still owe 11k on it.

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
I intend on trading my Mustang Gt in for a Camaro V6.
He won't be the only one I know 2 that plan on doing the same thing one with a 97 GT and the other with a 05 GT and one with a V6 stang who wants to trade for the V6 Camaro.

Whay does Ford sell over 100K a year? Simple women can slide in and out of them whereas they had to fall into crawl out of Camaros. The ratio of women to men driving stangs had women far out numbering men. Not so with the Camaro. All you have to do is look at every mustang you pass. More often than not its a V6 and a female driving. A V6 3rd and 4th gen camaro to me is a horrible DD. You get all the drawbacks and none of the benefits.

·
Registered
99 Posts

15.3 sec 1/4 mile vs. 14.4 sec 1/4 mile. Camaro
24 MPG vs 27 MPG. Camaro

be the judge, lol
Those who will inevitably comment the Mustang is cheaper will find out why, especially while driving the Tail of the Dragon, or US250 in West Virginia...

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
1 - 20 of 41 Posts