Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A local customer came to the shop today and was nice enough to let us put his 57 mile 2011 5.0 Mustang GT on the dyno. Photos don't do the wheels and suspension justice... in person, the car looks amazing!

I was impressed by the HP numbers. In years past, it took heads, cams, full exhaust, CAI and tune to get these kind of numbers out of a GT. The numbers are close to the typical numbers we see from a 2010 Camaro for the HP and about 20 less torque, but that is to be expected from the small displacement.

2011 Mustang GT Video

Regards,

Rick LeBlanc
Livernois Motorsports

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
What are the numbers? I'm currently on an ancient-ass computer that can't handle Flash..or any other plug-ins.
375 hp/ 354 tq

·
Registered
120 Posts
No doubt great numbers and I am sure they are fun to drive. One pulled onto the interstate with me the other day. I like the way it looked, with one exception, I am not crazy about the back of the car. To me the sequenced tail lights for the blinker and the whole look of the tail lights is tacky. Everything else about the car is a thumbs up, but I was so disappointed with the back of the car that it would keep me from buying one.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I dislike ford as much as the next Chevy guy but I think we can all admit that this car is impressive. And with only 5.0 liters.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
I just got back from a drive in a new 5.0 with my dad's friend. I'll always be a Camaro guy at heart, you can't beat the combo of its looks, power and value, but the acceleration and low-end torque on that Mustang are scary good. Had it at 100 in 3rd gear on some backroads :eek:

·
Registered
181 Posts
We need one of you die-hard Camaro guys to go run a new 5.0. You know who you are, the ones that are always ragging on them about how slow they are.

I'll buy you a bottle of soda to help wash down the crow you'll be eating.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
I just got back from a drive in a new 5.0 with my dad's friend. I'll always be a Camaro guy at heart, you can't beat the combo of its looks, power and value, but the acceleration and low-end torque on that Mustang are scary good. Had it at 100 in 3rd gear on some backroads :eek:
I hated the new "melted" look the newest Mustangs had. But I must say..every year they have been fine tuning it slightly...this year's actually looks pretty **** good.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Supporting Super Moderator
2,416 Posts
No doubt great numbers and I am sure they are fun to drive. One pulled onto the interstate with me the other day. I like the way it looked, with one exception, I am not crazy about the back of the car. To me the sequenced tail lights for the blinker and the whole look of the tail lights is tacky. Everything else about the car is a thumbs up, but I was so disappointed with the back of the car that it would keep me from buying one.
x2 The back of the car doesn't look right.

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
We need one of you die-hard Camaro guys to go run a new 5.0. You know who you are, the ones that are always ragging on them about how slow they are.

...and you drive WHAT again? :D

:5thgensteer:

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts

I would do it ( shrugs ) I know im only at 363hp ( 12less than stang ) and182lbs less weight to my car than it was at factory however if its a dead on race meaning none of this Chicken $hit 30 punch stuff I would love to see how a computer can handle up against a 5.0L.

12Less hp for me but 29 more Torque and a Automatic.

One thing about the Camaro I know for sure now after watching mine on the dyno once she hits about 55 she climbs HARD.

No doubt Ford has stepped it I give them my props and say Great job :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts