Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My convertible top will go down about halfway then just stop, motor cuts out. Will go back up after the stoppage with no issues. Any thoughts on what the heck is going on?

·
Support MC & Troops
11,807 Posts
My convertible top will go down about halfway then just stop, motor cuts out. Will go back up after the stoppage with no issues. Any thoughts on what the heck is going on?
Might be the your motor, its hard to say but most likely the issue or something is stuck at that half way point (check to see if it always stops at the same spot).. your switch is working, witch is good.. Sorry I cant be more helpful

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is about the same spot everytime and if you push on the top you can force it down further.

·
Support MC & Troops
11,807 Posts
It is about the same spot everytime and if you push on the top you can force it down further.
It my be your motor or pump..look for leaks... If theirs no leaks, its most likely your motor, if you have a leak (oil spot..) You might have a broken line or strut or pump, if the leak is coming from one of those areas.. Hope that helps

·
Registered
53 Posts
the top has an opstruction sensor and then a top down sensor on the piston on the passenger side. Check your hinges etc. for any binding and then you'll need to check the sensor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts