Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone else here order a 2011 with the Hurst option? Been told that the shifter is at LEAST 4 weeks away from validation from GM engineering! WTH?! In any case, I am in a position where a delay will benefit me anyways, but geez not liking that Mid August delivery possiblilty.... I will let this ride for a few weeks and then decide whether or not to drop this option from the order. I am kinda liking the MGW shifter....nice setup! Looks like an intense installation though.

*UPDATE*

6-26-2010

Ok so I couldn't wait any longer! As of 6-26, Dealer still showed Hurst option at a Zero. I dropped the Hurst option and re-ordered car, now at status 2000, should go to production much sooner now. Decided it is not worth the wait. I will explore the aftermarket options later.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
I'm convinced the GM hurst option will never actually be available...I originally ordered mine with it on Oct 14, 2008.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I have been following the Camaro since the concept and noticed that the Hurst shifter really never came through with the 2010 orders. That sucks. So did you just install a Hurst aftermarket? Does it make for a nice short crisp shift now?

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Yeah, I have been following the Camaro since the concept and noticed that the Hurst shifter really never came through with the 2010 orders. That sucks. So did you just install a Hurst aftermarket? Does it make for a nice short crisp shift now?
yes and yes.:thumbsup: The MGW is probably the best on the market (also most expensive and bigger install job)...but I have the hurst and I like it.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
*UPDATE*

6-26-2010

Ok so I couldn't wait any longer! As of 6-26, Dealer still showed Hurst option at a Zero. I dropped the Hurst option and re-ordered car, now at status 2000, should go to production much sooner now. Decided it is not worth the wait. I will explore the aftermarket options later.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
*UPDATE*

6-26-2010

you have chosen wisely.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
70 Posts
I am considering a short throw shifter for our 2011 IBM 2SS that is being delivered possibly today, 06/28/10. It is probably less expensive to order one aftermarket anyway. The GM perforamnce exhaust that was supposed to be available also and never was is easily found about $200 less than from a dealer online.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I purchased and installed my Hurst Short Throw and I love it. More importantly it is very stiff so my wife doesn't enjoy driving it as much....better for me.....:D

·
Registered
387 Posts
I got a really good deal on my Hurst. It was $286 with Fed X 3 day shipping from atlanticspeed

1 - 10 of 10 Posts