Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kbb.com Offers Advice on Choosing New Cars Predicted to Maintain Value over Five-Year Ownership Period

IRVINE, Calif., Nov. 16, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — Kelley Blue Book, the leading provider of new and used vehicle information, announces the all-new 2012 model-year vehicle winners of its annual Best Resale Value Awards, recognizing current and forthcoming vehicles for their projected retained value throughout the initial five-year ownership period. Since depreciation (or loss of value) is typically a car buyer’s primary expense during ownership, these awards, like all of kbb.com’s new- and used-vehicle information, are designed to help consumers make more informed car-buying decision.

2012 BEST RESALE VALUE: BY VEHICLE CATEGORY

SPORTS CAR: Chevrolet Camaro V-6
HIGH-PERFORMANCE CAR: Chevrolet Camaro SS

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
...we could have told them that!

·
ユキヒョウ
1,442 Posts
Obviously whoever wrote that MSN article is a little blue oval biased. How the hell can having a lampost for a rear end that hasn't changed too much since the '70's have better handling than our independant rear suspension? They fail to mention that you have to option up/pay more $ to get the "track pack". and better quality interior. I sat in one and almost barf'd. This is the sort of stuff that makes me:angry:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Obviously whoever wrote that MSN article is a little blue oval biased. How the hell can having a lampost for a rear end that hasn't changed too much since the '70's have better handling than our independant rear suspension? They fail to mention that you have to option up/pay more $ to get the "track pack". and better quality interior. I sat in on and almost barf'd. This is the sort of stuff that makes me:angry:
Well, as most of the magazine tests have stated, its better to have a well refined SRA vs a mediocre IRS. Not trying to start an argument here, but i think its been proven time and time again that the SRA in the s197 is on par, or flat out outperforms cars with IRS on the roadcourse and the strip. Just sayin...;) Whats it matter if the mustang and camaro use two different methods to arrive at the same place? Saying the mustangs IRS is 70's technology and doesnt get the job done, is like someone saying the old pushrod LS motors is 70's technology and doesnt get the job done. Its not true for either statements. Neither is saying the technology hasnt changed since the 70's. As far as the interior goes, hey thats your opinion. Most (non biased) people tend to agree that the interior in the mustang is much better than the camaro, just as they tend to agree that the the exterior of the camaro looks better than the mustangs currently.

·
3,081 Posts
Well, as most of the magazine tests have stated, its better to have a well refined SRA vs a mediocre IRS. Not trying to start an argument here, but i think its been proven time and time again that the SRA in the s197 is on par, or flat out outperforms cars with IRS on the roadcourse and the strip. Just sayin...;) Whats it matter if the mustang and camaro use two different methods to arrive at the same place? Saying the mustangs IRS is 70's technology and doesnt get the job done, is like someone saying the old pushrod LS motors is 70's technology and doesnt get the job done. Its not true for either statements. Neither is saying the technology hasnt changed since the 70's. As far as the interior goes, hey thats your opinion. Most (non biased) people tend to agree that the interior in the mustang is much better than the camaro, just as they tend to agree that the the exterior of the camaro looks better than the mustangs currently.
The only opinion that matters to me is my own and I think the Mustang interior does suck. Just my 2 cents.:cool:

·
ユキヒョウ
1,442 Posts
I too am an owner of both, we also have a '99 GT, and I like the interior of the SN95 better than the new mustang's, sorry. But it is how I felt when I went to check it out and sat in it, didn't like anything about the interior. Ya spend most of the time on the inside and wasn't going to buy it if I couldn't stand the interior. There is one thing I like about the Mustang, and that is the 5.0 under the hood. Now, I don't hate Mustang, it's an American icon too, and we'd have a new one to replace the '99GT. Ford's current offering falls short, so we're sticking with the '99.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I too am an owner of both, we also have a '99 GT, and I like the interior of the SN95 better than the new mustang's, sorry. But it is how I felt when I went to check it out and sat in it, didn't like anything about the interior. Ya spend most of the time on the inside and wasn't going to buy it if I couldn't stand the interior. There is one thing I like about the Mustang, and that is the 5.0 under the hood. Now, I don't hate Mustang, it's an American icon too, and we'd have a new one to replace the '99GT. Ford's current offering falls short, so we're sticking with the '99.
Its cool, i respect your opinion...;) Glad to see you have a mustang in your stable. Maybe soon ill have both in mine as well. Imo i think both cars have their shortcomings, but right now the camaro seems to be the better overall package.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts