Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys... Just joined up here and have a question for anyone that can help me.

My 2013 Camaro 2RS/SS dual mode exhaust is just not loud enough for me but I want to keep the dual mode if at all possible, or at least the tips.

Can I keep the dual mode exhaust and install a louder muffler or do I have to remove the whole axle back system?

If I can keep the dual mode system what type of muffler do you recommend installing to give me a nice muscle car sound?

Thanks for your input:thumbsup:

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts
Welcome 2 MC, please post on our new members thread once you get the chance ;) .. so we can give U a warm welcome :D

Not sure, I'm not even sure, if I even have one on me Shadow, I thought the dual only came on M6's, tho I may be wrong,
I haven't found mine, if I got one on my A6, unless its automatic when you go into M-(SS)..mode, witch I don't do very often.
I'd think if you wanted to make it sound more beefy, I don't see why you couldn't change out just the mufflers..
unless, the part that makes the dual mode is in our muffler, the only way to find out is to ask your dealer or a muffler shop or
if one of the guys here.. that's done their own exhaust :dunno: sorry.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
244 Posts
I wish I could have gotten the dual mode on my RS when I bought mine! I was told by the credit union that the GM dealership wouln't install it due to emission issues after installation. WOW go figure that boys and girls! Anyway I'm happy with my standard ones.

Mail Clerk

·
Registered
101 Posts
I heard with an SS and dual mode exhaust, if you pull the fuse for the baffles "which keeps them open all the time then" it sounds alot better.

·
Registered
3 Posts
NPP Exhaust

Leave them alone, install a set of longtubes, with xpipe and high flow cats and the system will give you all the noise you'll ever want, yet allow you to cruise down the hightway without the drone. I went with the American Racing, staintless 1 7/8 kit. e-force blower, and it sounds great

Ps Dont pull the fuse, tried that, just makes it drone all the time, very annoying when cruising the highway, and with the exhaust below you won't need to worry about it.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts