Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2013 Camaro steering wheel tearing, problem

I left my Camaro outside over night and when I get into this morning my steering wheel has tears / ripples in it.

I'm 100% sure I didn't rub or do anything to cause it. I did some research and found the evolutions had this problem on their wheels.

My local dealer is closed so I wanted to post it hear before I take it into the dealer.

I'm not a happy camper.:mad:

I'll attach pics tonight.

·
Premium Member
4,383 Posts
Sorry to hear that, I've never seen this before. Mine is always outside and only been in the garage one time in 4 years. I would like to know what it turns out to be...good luck!

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
While driving into work this morning I was looking at the wheel. It looks like more ripples are starting to form, and the entire right side next to the steering wheel buttons seems to be coming loose.

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Sounds like a warranty issue.

If not, the wheels can be bought new for fairly cheap.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Called and scheduled an appointment for 7:00 am tomorrow. Service writer didn't say anything, but they will look at it. So I guess I'll find more out tomorrow. I'll try and get a picture of the middle by the radio controls later this evening when I get time.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm 100% positive I did not scratch the leather. Also looks like more ridges are forming.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Does your coat have zippers on it? I have the same thing on my daily driver Grand Prix. It is from the zipper pockets on my jacket. I have to be super careful when I get in.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So much happy!

Just got back from the dealer.

Service writer went out and looked at the wheel, said yep that is a common issue on that type of material wheel.

Dealer is ordering me a new wheel. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Good deal.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The only thing that concerns me slightly is...him being so casual about it being a known "common" issue.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Called and scheduled an appointment for 7:00 am tomorrow. Service writer didn't say anything, but they will look at it. So I guess I'll find more out tomorrow. I'll try and get a picture of the middle by the radio controls later this evening when I get time.
Very sorry to hear of this issue but happy to hear about your service appointment. Please keep us updated and feel free to message us if you have additional concerns.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Very sorry to hear of this issue but happy to hear about your service appointment. Please keep us updated and feel free to message us if you have additional concerns.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Just got back from the dealer.

Service writer went out and looked at the wheel, said yep that is a common issue on that type of material wheel.

Dealer is ordering me a new wheel. :thumbsup:
Not sure if you missed the above.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
One more pic before it gets fixed today.

Wheel is tearing itself apart even more with this single digit weather. :eek:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 26 Posts