Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My neighbor keeps saying how his GLI will sweep my camaro off the street, he keeps sayin 'it comes stock with a turbo' bla bla, and his 0-60 stock is 5.7 and i believe 2013 stock camaro is 6.4... so is he right, or what?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Let's See then, Shall We?

Faced a GLI in the auto-x at the South Bend Tire Rack on May 19th. The GLI driver was decent. I rate my auto-x skills as fair. We had eight runs that day. On the Tire Rack (TR) index, he placed 22nd while I placed 25th. Fifty-six drivers all together. His raw time was 48.7 sec. Mine was 48.4. A 0.3 sec spread. He drove in G Stock whereas I drive in Street Touring Extreme, so his index is a little more generous. The TR index only scores the first three runs of the day, like the auto-x nationals in Nebraska.

Let's check all eight runs and see what happened there. His fast time of the day was 47.8. Mine was 46.9. A 0.9 sec spread. If all of our times were scored on the index (they aren't), I would have had him by a couple of places.

His car is a 2008. Mine is a 2010. I have no idea what's under his hood. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
My neighbor keeps saying how his GLI will sweep my camaro off the street, he keeps sayin 'it comes stock with a turbo' bla bla, and his 0-60 stock is 5.7 and i believe 2013 stock camaro is 6.4... so is he right, or what?
no way u got him covered no problem lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts