Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, i am having a problem hooking up GM Aux. gauges in 2014 SS. GM has changed the wiring and it's not plug-n-play. There is a 3 wire hook up with Red wire going to fuse block, Green wire hooking to "Star Concentrator" for LS bus and Black wire for ground.

I am having a problem releasing the fuse block to splice in Red wire.
Also can't locate the "star concentrator" to hook up Green LS bus wire.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Instructions:

Thanks for any help, Bob

·
Registered
15 Posts
Here is an excellent vendor that sells choices of their T-tap harness or a Plug-And-Play harness that is designed for your year Camaro to hook up Aux-Gauges. You can click on the install instructions there to get an idea of ease of the harness install.

I bought the one shown in the last photo, for my previous Camaro, and worked perfect (Harness PNP 2013-2015).
Here is the HYPERLINK:
4 Pack Gauge Harness
Ron

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I may have to go that route.

I found the "star concentrator" - aka JX200 - after going to the dealer and got a wiring schematic. The connector is in front of the console under the dash and was wrapped in tape and hidden. With not much room to work an no slack in the connector wiring, this is a bear to hook up.

Still have not been able to release the fuse block to hook up power wire.

Thanks for the replies,
Bob

·
Registered
29 Posts
is anyone else having trouble getting Cultragfactoryparts.com to come up....it opened a couple weeks ago when i went there....now for the last week it won't open....I saw the link on here, used it, liked it...now it won't work....

·
Registered
4,590 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm having a similar problem that I just posted on my 2015 1SS. Looks like Gen5 DIY has a different harness and they state that GM changed some of the later 5th Generation car wiring.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts