Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am really liking the new SS hood and thinking about putting one on my 2011 2LT/RS. I love the look of louvers especially from the 80's and the 2014 looks awesome. Does anyone know what an actual hood will cost and will it be a direct fit on my 2011?

·
Registered
143 Posts
I really like the whole front end redesign I think they did a great job on the bumper/hood.
sorry I can't help you out with your question.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Not sure of the cost, but it will bolt on and fit and function. ONLY thing that may be an issue is that the cowl lines where the hood and front bumper fascia meet won't line up. The hood bulge is way wider than your 2011's fascia "notches". A body shop could modify your fascia (or a spare one) to match the hood bulge lines.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure of the cost, but it will bolt on and fit and function. ONLY thing that may be an issue is that the cowl lines where the hood and front bumper fascia meet won't line up. The hood bulge is way wider than your 2011's fascia "notches". A body shop could modify your fascia (or a spare one) to match the hood bulge lines.

The Cowl hood looks the same as my 2011 unless I am mistaken? Does not look that much wider. My 2011 does not have lines on the front fascia. All I could see were little indentations on the top of the front fascia that is barely noticeable. Looks like it should bolt on with no issues then?

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
I would double and triple check as that is a costly mod and if its not right it wont look right and you will not be happy. I would park your next to a 14 ss and compare.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would double and triple check as that is a costly mod and if its not right it wont look right and you will not be happy. I would park your next to a 14 ss and compare.
I agree with you. Not something I would jump into right away and prefer to research first.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
The2014 V6 hood I believe is the same as 2013 V6/SS hoods. But the 2014 SS hood bump is WIDER at the front. Probably wider than the ZL1 even, but not 100% on that. Won't match the lines on the 2013-earlier bumper fascias.

I'm not always right on things, but this one I am sure of.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The2014 V6 hood I believe is the same as 2013 V6/SS hoods. But the 2014 SS hood bump is WIDER at the front. Probably wider than the ZL1 even, but not 100% on that. Won't match the lines on the 2013-earlier bumper fascias.

I'm not always right on things, but this one I am sure of.
Looks like the answer is it will fit but won't look right. Front fascia would need to be updated from the sound of it. Still cheaper than purchasing a new 2014 IMO though. Will keep looking into it though.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow! Thanks for posting. Difference is night and day! Looks like a new front fascia is needed.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Or you can just have a good body shop fix your hood meet-up line on your existing fascia if you don't care about altering it. I think if you're going that route anyway, buy a stock nose off someone that has done a ZL1 front end swap for instance, have the body shop fix the lines on that one, and save your stock hood/front fascia if you want to be able to go back to stock some day.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts