Registered
4,590 Posts
Seen them here first ;) :5go:

per Bucky from the earlier post:

Yes, there are three new colors:

Bright Yellow (G7D)
Red Rock Metallic (G7P)
Red Hot (G7C)

Nothing on there looks like an orange, so like Envy's Green, it appears the IOM owners have, what has become, a unique color

Also, I wonder which of the "Red Hot" is for the Camaro?

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts
well Camaro colors ARE on there....along with everything else.

You don't want a LEMONADE CAMARO? ;)
I'm sorry Scotty...I see my post is a little misleading. I was aware that the Camaro colors are on there...I just didn't think everyone else would take note that it says "Chevrolet" colors and not just "Camaro" colors.

And I could do a lemonade Camaro but that was more like custard yellow and I don't think I've seen that color on a car since Ford came out with the Bronco in the 60's. I know retro is in...but not all retro is good retro...lol. [URL="
[/URL]

·
Livin' the dream!
573 Posts
GM needs to pull their heads out of the butts and come up with a better color selection for all models.

They've long been known for their blandness.

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts
I thought Red Rock was supposed to be similar to IOM and replace it...but I see it looks more like a Crimson Red and that there's NO ORANGE AT ALL on GM's color palette for 2014...what a diappointment! [URL="
[/URL] Everyone has been waiting for a brighter orange and instead they deliver a muddied up red. [URL="
[/URL]

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts
Nothing on there looks like an orange, so like Envy's Green, it appears the IOM owners have, what has become, a unique color

Also, I wonder which of the "Red Hot" is for the Camaro?
Red Hot is the not so hot red on the 1st row 4th from the left and Red Rock is the one on the 1st row on the far right. I sure hope both look a lot better in person than they do on the paint chart (like ABM did) because the Camaro deserves better than those common, nondescript colors.

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
I thought Red Rock was supposed to be similar to IOM and replace it...but I see it looks more like a Crimson Red and that there's NO ORANGE AT ALL on GM's color palette for 2014...what a diappointment! [URL="
[/URL] Everyone has been waiting for a brighter orange and instead they deliver a muddied up red. [URL="
[/URL]
I was debating if the Red Rock was supposed to be the new Jewel Red, but I think it has too much brown in it. I also think the yellow is not as bright as the current yellow, maybe not mustard, not quite enough brown, but not that bright yellow that is known now. With the basic disappearance of the orange and yellow, things certainly are not as bright. Looks like Victory Red will be the 'that' bright color.

·
3,081 Posts
Glad I bought mine when I did....Red Hot is no where close to IOM. I always liked the hugger orange on the 1969 Camaro. IOM was the one color I had to have when the 5th Gen hit the market. Kind of disappointed that GM will not have a orange for 2014.

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts
Glad I bought mine when I did....Red Hot is no where close to IOM. I always liked the hugger orange on the 1969 Camaro. IOM was the one color I had to have when the 5th Gen hit the market. Kind of disappointed that GM will not have a orange for 2014.
Yes Scott...it is sad to see the orange go away. If I could have had one wish for the Camaro...it would have been that the Synergy Edition continued as a Special Edition package each year that was only produced in one color. Each year they could have produced a limited number of Camaros in awesome bright colors like Velocity Orange, Kinetic Blue, Atomic Orange and Magnetic Red. I was sooo disappointed when it became basically an interior package with nothing standoutish about it at all. :( It was such a let down after the first year! [URL="
[/URL]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts