Modern Camaro Forums banner

What do you think....

• "I made water in my pants..."

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • The Driver is a "shoe!"

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • It's OK...

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Calling my travel agent to book a flight!

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Support MC & Troops
11,799 Posts

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Give my ZL1 the same rear end gear the Z/28 has and I would smoke him.
I'm thinking that you would need more than the 3.91:1 Gears to make up the four seconds on the Z/28. Going from 3.73 to 3.91 isn't going to gain you that much....

Not to mention, it was raining and the Z/28 still pulled a 7:37 lap! GM Engineers stated they were shooting to top the GTR and Porsche GT2. That tells me, GM firmly believes that they could have picked up 3-4 more seconds, had it not started to rain, since both of those cars recorded lap times of 7:34 a year or two ago.

With all that said, I don't think gears will pick up 7 full seconds in your ZL.... Sorry to burst your bubble. ;)

·
Livin' the dream!
573 Posts
I'd still give it a shot.

Thrn wave as I pass GM's Camaro Team watching in amazement as I beat their best time in their Z/28 with my ZL1 with the same gearing.

·
Registered
94 Posts
One word sums it all up, Holy ****... opps that is two words!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'd still give it a shot.

Thrn wave as I pass GM's Camaro Team watching in amazement as I beat their best time in their Z/28 with my ZL1 with the same gearing.
I'd watch that. You forgot,all your groupies waiting for you when you come in with Champaign flowing and music blasting as you post the fastest time GM has ever had and all the Porsche owners fall to their knees crying.

OK really now, I did read that the car was 3-4 seconds quicker on the dry track days but they were not doing official laps so they don't count. GM is apparently going back soon to lay a beating on some European car times. Go GM and I think the Z28 should have a Superman wrap on it when it goes back.

Uhhmmmmm, maybe slip a supercharger on it and don't tell anyone, but you didn't hear that from me :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts