Modern Camaro Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just read that 2023 is the last gasoline 2door camaros built Chevrolet is making 4 door electrical sedan for 2024. I want to trade in my car for a new one, but am thinking I should hold on to it. Do you think gas camaros will rise in value after 2023?

·
Banned
35 Posts
Yes
In Australia, 2017 saw the end of gas engine production. No new cars built in AU. Today, a 2017 Caprice Royale sells for much more than it's original price. Same for a Commodore.
Earlier in Switzerland, new import taxes exploded the price of all new cars. Today many older cars are more expensive than when they were new.
The "chip shortage" has crippled US new car production. Look at the price of used cars because of that. Not inflation but less supply.

·
Super Moderator
45 Posts
Chevrolet Camaro production to end in 2024, electric performance sedan to replace it in 2025.

There won’t be a seventh-generation successor, instead, the sports car’s place in the American brand’s range will be filled by a new “electric performance sedan”, due in 2025.

·
Banned
35 Posts
Here's the already available "electric performance sedan”
Lucid Air Sapphire Has 1,200 HP and 0-60 Under 2 Seconds (jalopnik.com)
with:
The Air Sapphire comes on special Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires stamped with LM1 to signify Lucid Motors. A special mix of low-rolling-resistance rubber and Pilot Sport Cup 2 rubber. Sounds too good to be true, but here we are. The tires grow in width compared to those found on the GTP: 265/35-ZR20 front, and 295/30-ZR21 rear. The Air Sapphire's suspension is completely reworked, as well. Stiffer springs, stiffer bushings, new dampers, recalibrated anti-roll bars, reprogrammed stability and traction control, new power steering control, and new ABS logic are all part of the program. Sprint mode has been replaced with Sapphire mode, Lucid's equivalent of, say, Porsche's Sport Plus. Within Sapphire mode, there will be additional features such as a launch mode and a track mode.
All with a more than 500 mile range and super fast charging on house current.

In 1967 the Camaro aspired to someday have exotic car performance at an affordable price. By the 90's, the 1967 Ferrari like performance in a Camaro cost less than 20K. Watch history repeat itself with a 2027 Camaro.

·
Super Moderator
45 Posts
Australia did not stop production of gas powered cars, BANKS won't provide loans for them starting in 2025, they "said."

Ecoregion World Map Water Font

AU is not even on the chart for proposed bans on fossil fuel cars.

CNG and LNG are fossile fuels, and Australia still has an extensive nationwide retail-distribution network, with 1 700 refuelling sites throughout the country serving an estimated 290 000 vehicles at end-2018 (around 1.5% of the total car fleet), though both the number of stations and vehicles has been declining steadily in recent years. Fewer than 40% of all service stations in Australia now sell Autogas with some continuing to decommission Autogas storage facilities.

AS we all know, or better know, Batteries are mainly made from pretty toxic chemicals and Australia isn’t particularly good at recycling them as it is. Even as the world gets better at recycling batteries, properly reusing the materials they contain, we will still inevitably need to dig up virgin minerals to keep up with demand. AU wants to go Hydrogen. As of March of 2021, the country's hydrogen project pipeline was triple the size of the next biggest, which belong to Germany and the Netherlands. H2X’s Warrego pickup truck clocked in at AUD 50 million ($36.8 million) of order requests within four days of its announcement.

There will not be an end to gas cars or diesel engines when JOBS have people running 400+ miles a day. The technology is not there for cars to be able to run without a recharge, or be safe in all climates for long periods of time. I cannot afford to sit at my last stop and plug in to wait for the car to be recharged. That would get be back too late, and I will spend hours in traffic to get home. I need a car that will go 600 miles on a single charge to stay in business, to have a safe zone and not push it to its limit.

Going all electric will strand people all over the highways, and in winter, that could be deadly. WE do not have the infrastructure in place to rescue these people, especially on holidays. I had to wait 5 hours for AAA on a holiday when my serpentine belt shredded 100+ miles from my return stop. Good thing I was able to coast to a convenience store to wait. Then, I had to have them drop me at an Auto Zone, where I made the repairs in the parking lot, because that spot was just under the tow limit. Oh, I called AZ to make sure that they had a belt, and the pulley. YEP, I did the repair in their parking lot...

This is why we do not have flying cars, people ARE irresponsible, and vehicles would be dropping out of the sky from running out of fuel. Sure, the technology is there for flying cars, or vehicles, the PEOPLE are not responsible enough, and we won't be for generations to come.

The trucking industry would almost fold up and die. No one I know who drives, wants to drive an electric truck with batteries that can catch fire and explode. Layover times at truck stops with charge ports would be unbearable, and a complete overhaul of the industry would be needed.

We will have fossil fuel cars for as long as the oil industry dictates terms. Even if there was a power source that could drive an electric car for 1000+ miles, the oil industry won't have it. IT would put too many people out of work, and cause even more problems with PEOPLE in general, because we are still at an infantile stage of humanity.

PROJECTED DATES are not carved in stone dates, remember that.

·
Banned
35 Posts
Australia did not stop production of gas powered cars,
That is untrue, and wrong. Australia got infected politically with green, woke nonsense and by 2015 their elections across the country were primarily focused on "save the planet" climate BS. The majority of candidates ran a platform of ending ALL car production by 2018. They told the people "vote for me and I'll stop ALL car production. The people did. Holden, then Ford, Nissan and even Toyota fired all their employees, closed their factories and left Australia. So Australia DID stop the production of gas powered cars. ALL of them. Huge government subsidies had been given to all of them but the people voted for the end of not just gas engine production but all car production. Now the Australian people are happy that the polution intense car manufactoring takes place somewhere else. Losers, hypocrites.

In Australia, 2017 saw the end of gas engine production.

·
Super Moderator
45 Posts
I see what you did, you said PRODUCTION, which is not the same as SALES. I thought so, but I waited for it...

So, they had all the automakers stop "producing" them in AU? SO what? They just went to PRODUCE them somewhere else now, and sell tham back to AU at a higher cost. You can still BUY gas cars in AU, as an import business only, making people pay more for them for fees that are inured with importing.

Toyota imports the Camry.
Ford imports the Edge.
And more...

Australia still remained one of four product development hubs for Ford globally, and continued, and will continue to design, engineer and test global vehicles there; that BURN GAS.

So, they got what they voted for, higher car prices...

·
Banned
35 Posts
Post #2
Yes
In Australia, 2017 saw the end of gas engine production. No new cars built in AU. Today, a 2017 Caprice Royale sells for much more than it's original price. Same for a Commodore.
Earlier in Switzerland, new import taxes exploded the price of all new cars. Today many older cars are more expensive than when they were new.
The "chip shortage" has crippled US new car production. Look at the price of used cars because of that. Not inflation but less supply.
You responded to my post with this:

I see what you did, you said PRODUCTION, which is not the same as SALES. I thought so, but I waited for it...
You didn't have to wait for it
It's right there in post #2
The post you were contradicting with:

Australia did not stop production of gas powered cars, BANKS won't provide loans for them starting in 2025, they "said."
What you wrote?

Contentious and wrong.

What a moderator should be?

·
Super Moderator
45 Posts
You? Baitable and predictable. Some people don't know what they mean, production -vs- availability of, or sales of.

You know what your intentions were, with the move to EVs. You made it appear there would be no more gas vehicles sold in AU for EVs. There was a reason for the stop in PRODUCTION of cars in AU, and is has nothing to do with EVs. IF it did, they would not be importing gas vehicles. AU is not PRODUCING large machines either.

When the tarifs were scrapped and the car market in Australia became very competitive, the only way Australian based manufacturers survived was through heavy state subsidies. Despite those, Mitsubishi pulled out. Then when the subsidies were threatened, Toyota (announced in 2014) and Ford announced they were throwing in the towel. Leaving GM with their subsidiary Holden in an unsustainable position. As the whole supply chain collapsed.

Abbott did not give a crap about jobs in Australia, and it as not a move for EVs.

While Tony Abbott was playing his political games, 2,500 workers lost their jobs, and within in five months AU saw the death of the Australian car industry and 5,000 manufacturing jobs lost; 1,000 jobs a month, because team idiot decided that getting rid of the car industry would get rid of some powerful trades unions. Well, that worked. They also got rid of a good industry for engineers, the aircraft maintenance industry, and a whole bunch of suppliers.

You also failed to mention all of that too. You are lying to people as to why it happened, and it was nothing to do with paving the way for EVs like you're pushing. And if your not, then why did you post it in a thread specifically about the Camaro EV?

You will not sit there and tell me I am wrong, or contentious, when you're blathering all over the place, and present data that is 100% out of context, and off subject, to mislead people as to why it REALLY happened, just to be seen. You posted this stopped production post, in someone else's thread about the Camaro EV, as to make a point that was totally not the reason AU doesn't produce cars, and what not. It's was POLITICS, not EVs.

Doesn't matter, you keep spam posting, hijacking posts, going off subject, and provoking the staff, you will be gone like you were put out to pasture at CAMARO5, for the SAME reasons.

Oh, and yes, BANKS won't provide loans for gas cars starting in 2025, is what they "said." You can even look that up!

Also, again, you said "Yes. In Australia, 2017 saw the end of gas engine production. "
Well, you also have engines for generators, lawn mowers, and the like, plus engines that run on Propane are also GAS engines. So, not ALL gas engine production...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.