Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The heart of the current 580 HP ZL1 Camaro is its supercharged, small-block V8. With the upcoming C7 Corvette, there will be a new generation of engines and one that is apparently destined for Camaro use was leaked in a Corvette Forum.

The engine, codenamed, LT4, is supercharged version of the fifth-generation Chevy small-block V8. GM could choose to keep the ZL1 moniker for this car or it could be the rumoured upcoming Z28. It is worth remembering that LT is an important engine code in GM history. This was the must have Chevrolet engine in the 90s, and is one of the few reasons anyone keeps a mid 90s Caprice or Roadmaster on the road today.

Described as an “upgrade of Camaro ZL1 with more hp," we are very excited to see what the future of factory-supercharged Camaros holds.

[Source: GM Authority]

·
Registered
134 Posts
Awesome! Should be time for a new one about then..

·
Registered
16 Posts
for me personally, I would prefer to run a naturally asperated engine on the street simply for reliability issues, fewer moving parts and anything that is in motion is subject to wear.

·
See You On Course
3,867 Posts
Yes! This will make the prices of the ZL1s drop to "not quite affordable yet". :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Faaaasssssssstttt!...............

What did the snail say as he was riding on the turtles back?????..

"wheeeeeeeee!!!"

My ZL1 is Fast I can assure you. Very very fast!

and with regards to the new engine.... probably very fast! Guess I will have to get him at the hole shot! LOL!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts