Modern Camaro Forums banner

2016 Cadillac CTS-V First Drive /w Video

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Livernois Motorsports 
#1 ·

A firm, progressive squeeze of the brake pedal eradicates surplus velocity as I smoothly crank the wheel starboard …

My high-powered steed responds with enthusiasm, diving into turn 14, Road America’s final corner before the front straight. A steady foot on the accelerator maintains momentum while executing this maneuver.

Apex behind me, I gently unwind the tiller until the car’s nose is pointed straight enough so I can push it wide-open down this circuit’s fastest section. Fractions of a second pass like minutes, my right foot trembling with anticipation. Finally it’s go time.

In an instant the siren song of a supercharged V8 fills the cabin, whinnying as all 640 horses threaten to break free from their carbon fiber-capped enclosure. The thrust is astounding, abundant enough to make your ears pop while cresting the small rise a few hundred feet ahead.

My palms, lightly gripping the suede-wrapped steering wheel remain dry, even as the deceleration zone approaches at unworldly speed. “****,” I think to myself, “Just missed it.” The digital readout indicates 149 miles an hour as I once more call on the Brembo binders with urgency. “Just one MPH short of a buck-fifty,” I mutter to myself. Missing this milestone is hardly the car’s fault; I ran out of courage long before the 2016 Cadillac CTS-V stopped pulling.

Read the complete 2016 Cadillac CTS-V First Drive at AutoGuide.com

See less See more
1 1
#2 ·
So many cars.....and I can't buy them all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.