Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On July 4th, 2010 my parents will be married 20 years.

I need some ideas for gifts!

I want something they can both enjoy, Mom just bought a laptop so that's out and I can't afford a new house :lol: so what do you guys have for ideas?

As for a limit...under $500, I'd go more but those bastards never bought me that powerwheel when I was young. :angry:

·
Premium Member
8,645 Posts
Gift cards for food maybe they will invite you to eat with them ;)

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd really like to avoid any sort of dinner, my brother already got them a gift certificate for RED LOBSTER so I'd like to do something else.

·
Premium Member
8,645 Posts
I'd really like to avoid any sort of dinner, my brother already got them a gift certificate for RED LOBSTER so I'd like to do something else.
What do they do on there free time....Movies....plays....sports?

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What do they do on there free time....Movies....plays....sports?
Their hobbies are totally different, I'm having a hard time thinking of something they both do as hobbies.

They want a new house, and a new car...anybody want to loan me their camaro for the weekend? :cool:

·
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
4,638 Posts
Get them an Iphone 4:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
I'd go with a gift certificate to some place a bit nicer than Red Lobster. If they like seafood, go with McCormick & Schmicks or Monterery Bay Fish Grotto.

If they can get away for the weekend, get them something up in the poconos.

·
8,984 Posts
Well, my idea of dinner is out.

How about you do some things around the house for a week that they maybe do not like to do or that they have to harp on you about.

Get up early one morning and mow the grass, clean the house and do all of the laundry.

Maybe there is a task that mom or dad has been wanting to accomplish, but with work and kids and school they could not get to it.

Is there something that she/he used to like to do, but don't get to do anymore.

Golf outing for Dad, Spa day for mom.

Ask their brothers, sisters and/or friends.

It's a tad late to start planning something grandiose, but if you hurry, you can make it special.

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'd go with a gift certificate to some place a bit nicer than Red Lobster. If they like seafood, go with McCormick & Schmicks or Monterery Bay Fish Grotto.

If they can get away for the weekend, get them something up in the poconos.
The Poconos is a pretty good idea, since they married up there but there is never a free weekend for my Dad. But I will see what my Dad's schedule is like.

A golf outing would be a lot of fun, that is one of my Dad's true passions.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Finance an 2010 2SS, you can make the first payment (being that it is under $500) then they can enjoy the rest. LOL

...Last year for the holidays I purchased my parents a new BBQ...If they like to cook, it might not be a bad idea. I also like the idea of Golf for Dad and Spa for mom...

Good Luck!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts