Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning to you all,

I was surfing the net last night and noticed that the Camaro 2LT model doesn't exist anymore but now for 2013 the designation of 1LT seems to be the only up-grade available..

Since I'm looking for another car to drive in addition to my Impala SS can anyone tell me what the difference between the 2LT of 2012 and back compared to the new 1LT models and up.

Depending on the engine size I may choose in about 3 more months can I still get the 2LT up-grade and the RS sport package???? OR am I confused in all of this:confused:

Mail Clerk

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Really, on Jan 11 2013 i bought a 2013 LT2/RS. I will have to look at the GM site and see I am confused. Just remember the LT2 only comes in the V6 model not a V8.

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts
Here's the breakdown on the V6 package features straight from the Chevrolet website and the 2LT IS still available...

1LS includes:
3.6L 323-hp V6 engine
18" Heritage steel wheels
Dual-outlet stainless steel exhaust with polished tips
Steering wheel-mounted controls for audio and cruise
Bluetooth® wireless technology1 for select phones
6-speed manual transmission with Hill Hold feature
OnStar®2 Directions & Connections® Plan standard for the first six months including Turn-by-Turn Navigation
SiriusXM Satellite Radio3 with three trial months
Power door locks and windows
Floor mats

In addition to having or replacing 1LS features,
2LS includes:
6-speed automatic transmission with TAPshift
30 MPG highway4
2.92 rear axle ratio

1LT includes:
18" painted-aluminum wheels
Sport Cloth seats
Integrated foglamps
6-way power driver and passenger seat
USB port5
Chevrolet MyLink6 Radio
Rear Vision Package (Convertible)

In addition to having or replacing 1LT features,
2LT includes:
19" Bright Silver-painted aluminum wheels
Leather-appointed seating
Head-Up Display (HUD)
4-gauge auxiliary cluster
Boston Acoustics® premium sound system
SiriusXM Satellite Radio3 with 12 trial months
Rear Vision Package (Coupe)

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's the breakdown on the V6 package features straight from the Chevrolet website and the 2LT IS still available...

1LS includes:
3.6L 323-hp V6 engine
OnStar®2 Directions & Connections® Plan standard for the first six months including Turn-by-Turn Navigation
Floor mats

2LS includes:
30 MPG highway4
2.92 rear axle ratio

1LT includes:
Sport Cloth seats
Integrated foglamps
USB port5
Chevrolet MyLink6 Radio

2LT includes:
Head-Up Display (HUD)
Envy,

Thank you for the break down. I guess I'm getting confused a little. What I want is the 2LT version but in addition the RS package. I don't need any fancy strips as I don't want the insurance company to think I'm getting a sports car. Like the Impala SS I have they didn't consider thr Impala a sports car due to the 4 doors I guess.

Mail Clerk

·
Registered
383 Posts

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts
Envy,

Thank you for the break down. I guess I'm getting confused a little. What I want is the 2LT version but in addition the RS package. I don't need any fancy strips as I don't want the insurance company to think I'm getting a sports car. Like the Impala SS I have they didn't consider thr Impala a sports car due to the 4 doors I guess.

Mail Clerk
Whether or not you have stripes on your Camaro WILL NOT affect the price of your insurance premium.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Envy,

Mail Clerk
Make sure not to get the manual trans and have them remove the spoiler.
Both are surefire attention getters that youre going to be racing. Maybe some generic 15" Chevy wheels too, better to fool your insurance agent.

·
Registered
125 Posts

1LS includes:
3.6L 323-hp V6 engine
Floor mats

2LS includes:
30 MPG highway4
2.92 rear axle ratio

1LT includes:
Sport Cloth seats
Integrated foglamps
USB port5
Chevrolet MyLink6 Radio

2LT includes:
Head-Up Display (HUD)

What happened to Universal Home Remote, (Homelink I call it)
and heated front seats? Oh yea, and the heated, auto-dimming mirrors also come standard on the 2LT.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Envy,

Mail Clerk
Interesting enough, my 2011 V6 (2LT) costs more in insurance than my husband's 2012 V8 (2SS). Both are automatics. The V8 is even a Transformers special edition. Asked my insurance company why and they don't really have any clear cut answer. I checked with several other companies and same thing - V6 cost more than the V8 to cover. I live in the Seattle, WA area so I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
If you go to this page you can download the Camaro brochure which you will find very informative.

Chevrolet Brochures
Thanks for the info Envy, I am currently looking to buy a 2013 2LT Camaro. The deal is too good to pass up and I kind of miss my 2010 1LT Camaro. My 2012 Challenger is really nice but like I said the deal for the 2013 Camaro will make me several grand next year when I trade up for a 2014 Camaro.

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
Interesting enough, my 2011 V6 (2LT) costs more in insurance than my husband's 2012 V8 (2SS). Both are automatics. The V8 is even a Transformers special edition. Asked my insurance company why and they don't really have any clear cut answer. I checked with several other companies and same thing - V6 cost more than the V8 to cover. I live in the Seattle, WA area so I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not.
that makes zero sense lol

maybe because the v8 outruns the tickets and the v6 doesnt, so the records of v6 drivers look worse lol

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Misty,

Thanks for your info....I too find that extremely interesting as to why your hubbies V-8 cost less. Even with the automatic AND cylinder de-activation I had thought the insurance would be greater thanth e V-6 model you have.
When I went to AAA about getting my Impala SS they didn't claim it to be considered a sports car. Maybe it was because of the 4 doors.:confused:

Anyway as the above advertising tells everyone I too am with AAA and in about two months...three at max I'm getting serious and will visit my local insurance (AAA) office for a quote. If my annual premium is too high then getting any Camaro is simply out of the question. We'll see though.

Too bad there wasn't anyone from the AAA that did any posts on this;) It would have saved me allot of headache and tiime before my next two months.

Mail Clerk:cool:

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts
Do you both have a clean driving record? And are you both in the same age range? Not to mention your credit report influences your insurance cost now so do you have similar ratings?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Do you both have a clean driving record? And are you both in the same age range? Not to mention your credit report influences your insurance cost now so do you have similar ratings?
Envy,

I admit I do have a clean driving record and no accidents for longer than I can remember! My credit report I can't say cuz except for a few times my payment was late it only makes up 1 percent out of a 100.

That's why I'm careful. I don't buy anything anything I can't afford! Before I make my final decision to buy a new car (Camaro) I wanna make sure I can handle the money issues associated with it. That's why I'm so interested in the what the insurance premium will be.

Mail Clerk

·
Registered
28 Posts
I gave my Insurance Agent 2 vin #'s today...one from a LS2 ($26000) and one from a SS1 ($38000) with RS pkg, Auto, etc.

the V8 equipped SS was about $25 cheaper than the V6...

and both were a little cheaper than my 2012 Malibu...

cant figure that...:dunno:

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
I gave my Insurance Agent 2 vin #'s today...one from a LS2 ($26000) and one from a SS1 ($38000) with RS pkg, Auto, etc.

the V8 equipped SS was about $25 cheaper than the V6...

and both were a little cheaper than my 2012 Malibu...

cant figure that...:dunno:
26000 for an LS2 thats insane. thats what I paid for my 2011 LT1 w sunroof and auto. I would look somewhere else. Where are you...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts