Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a camaro baking in the oven and I know I'm going to get a lot of flack from by buddies who have mustangs. I know next to nothing about anything ford because.. well its ford. Anways, what are the different types of mustangs out there? Also, if the two were going to go to the track and race what would the 2LT be able to keep up with, from what I can tell everything except the GT and Shelby?

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
I would think you'd even "keep up with" a stock GT. NOT SAYING you'd beat a GT, but if you're a better driver...you'd make it close.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
For sure you can beat the Base Stang and the GT, but the V6 camaro doesn't stand a chance against the Shelby.

Keep in mind the GT is highly tunable, so don't get too cocky- as the owner may have done some mods (as most do ;))

·
Registered
76 Posts
the 2010 mustang gt does 0-60 in 4.9 seconds while the v6 camaro does it in just over 6 seconds. The older model mustang gts do it in about 5.2. But, you have to keep in mind that the gt is a V8 with 315 hp while the camaro is a V6 with 304 hp. The regular stang is a v6 pushing a little over 200 hp so the camaro v6 and v8 blow it out of the water. bottom line, the ss camaro is the fastest other than the mustang gt500 which is i believe supercharged. SS 0-60 time is 4.7 seconds

·
Registered
56 Posts
For sure you can beat the Base Stang and the GT, but the V6 camaro doesn't stand a chance against the Shelby.

Keep in mind the GT is highly tunable, so don't get too cocky- as the owner may have done some mods (as most do ;))

V6 Camaro don't stand a chance to a stock GT with both drivers being comparable.
But he should walk all over the V6 Mustangs.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Alrighty, good information to know. Sucks that I rarely see a v6 mustang lol, are all v8's GT? or is there a v8 that is a level below a GT? Like I said I don't follow fords at all :)

·
Supporting Super Moderator
5,668 Posts
Most of the Mustang GT's I see racing around here run mid to low 9 second 1-8th mile times.
I ran mid 9 seconds in my stock escalade and it is rated at 0-60 6.3 seconds and 14.9 quarter mile for the AWD, but mine is a 2wd so I would say it might be slightly faster. So I would say if you hook and maybe take some weight outm, spare tire etc. Get a tune and you should be able to get a few of them if they run the kind of times they run around here. IDK about the 2010 GT though.

·
Registered
240 Posts
V6 Camaro don't stand a chance to a stock GT with both drivers being comparable.
But he should walk all over the V6 Mustangs.
I completely agree.

While the HP ratings aren't that different people really need to look at torque and weight.

The LLT puts out 273 ft/tq according to the spec sheet. The GT is rated at 325 ft/tq, the roughly 50 ft/tq is a huge difference.

Weight is going to be a couple hundred pounds less on the GT compared to a LT.

I have no expectations of beating a recent GT or a LS1 4th gen. Maybe just maybe a stock LT1 will be slower especially if you can find like a 1993 automatic f-body :lol:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Alrighty, good information to know. Sucks that I rarely see a v6 mustang lol, are all v8's GT? or is there a v8 that is a level below a GT? Like I said I don't follow fords at all :)
V6 stangs are like Accords around here, you can't hardly throw a rock without hitting one and normally a couple V6 badged as GT's also.:lol: Its pretty sad.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Currently, there isn't. From 1987 to 1993, during the Fox body/chassis, there was the LX 5.0. It was basically a Mustang GT without the GT's body cladding. Saved weight, performed slightly better and was a good sleeper vehicle. I know because I owned two (a 1988 and a 1990). Nice streetlight to streetlight car, but didn't handle too well in the twisty stuff. Camaros and Firebirds of that era ruled the corners. Plus it was available in a notchback version as well. That's what 80's Adam was refering to. ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts