Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2ND annual Mid-Ohio Track day....(UPDATED).

We are going October 3rd.

We would need a minimum of 25 participants to make this happen. I have Monday, October 3rd available. By pushing this into October, I think it would increase our chances to get to the 25 number. The program will be formatted like last year. Price structure will be a little different. The price of the program will be $225 per person for early registration. After July 1st, the price for the program would increase to $275 per person. Hopefully this will encourage people to get registered early.

Here is what I have planned the 2nd Mid-Ohio track Day....

The day starts off with a light breakfast and a short class room session, very brief, but very pointed.

We then move to the skid pad, where we practice what we just learned in the classroom. They have a honda civic that is set up on four castor wheels and hydraulics. The instructor can control the contact patches while driving to introduce an oversteer or an understeer situation at slow speeds (18 to 25mph), which simulates the same action at speeds of 60 to 70MPH.

Then we move to the autocross area, where we again apply what we learned in class. They have colored cones set up to show people where the turn in & exit points, apex are of multiple style corners and switchbacks.

Then, track time. The way he said it normally is ran is a "Lead,follow,pass". Each person in the group (5 to 6) gets a chance to follow directly behind the instructor through the course. Passing occurs on the back straight only. The instructor only goes as fast or as slow as the group dictates. The point is to make sure everyone knows the proper line......passing is a controlled environment.

We do not have to restrict the date to Camaro vehicles. Additionally, I’m sure I can get our marketing department to produce a pdf flyer for you to distribute.

Here are last years pics.... 2011 Camaro ZL1 Camaro Forum / Camaro SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com - View Single Post - Mid-Ohio Driving Course __ Track time

It is a joint forum event...so no fighting...:lol:

Start PM'n me and or posting in the thread if you are going.

Here is the new link: The Mid-Ohio School - Store - 10/03/11 Camaro & Corvette Track Day Experience
Don't let the price spook you, enter code CG2011 once you get all the way to the shopping cart check out. It will correct the price to $275.

1. TLSTWIN
2. Photonfury
3. heinzd01
4. Demetrious (G37)
5. SilverIceman
6. Richj/Eric...Back Street Performance
7. Ray 67 Camaro 383 stroker pro-tour (from last year)
8. adam4356 (GTO)
9. 2010_5thgen
10. Powerbomber (GTO)
11. SableGTO ?
12. dynosteve (challenger or turbo'd 5th gen camaro)
13. PGH Steelers (GTO)
14. GC-Camaro
15. Burgboy73 (GTO)
16. Gahammerle
17. Drew10
18. daytonGT (G8)
19. masterwinning.....
20. Tim's87Monty (Built 87 MonteCarlo SS)
21. Hoss81 (GTO)
22. pategnor (G8)
23. 2010_5thgen's Dad (Corvette)

Attachments

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
IM IN! cant wait....jsut need to see if i can figure something out for some track wheels..... im planning on doing a few lapping days too. kinda like what we did last time, but you can go all out and no instructor.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am in contact with Chris Binkley again from Mid-Ohio. He said he will have a few dates for me by the end of the week.:popcorn:

I told him we would need to combine with another group. I told him we would only have a dozen or so cars. I hope we can get more this time, but wanted him to know now where we were on numbers.

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
i know my dad said he wanted to go next time(with his corvette) and i have a buddy with a G37 that was interested in doing it....if were open to other cars coming. i would liek to get out and do this as early in the year as we can, if possible. i need to get some practice on that track before i take my NASA/SCCA licensing test.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i know my dad said he wanted to go next time(with his corvette) and i have a buddy with a G37 that was interested in doing it....if were open to other cars coming. i would liek to get out and do this as early in the year as we can, if possible. i need to get some practice on that track before i take my NASA/SCCA licensing test.
Ya, all capable cars are welcome.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Just so you know, Chris didn't forget about us. He is a little busy with the sale of the track, but he assured me there will be no change in day to day activities.

The same people that run the track, still do, just an ownership change....not a big deal...at least not in a bad way....new owners are very race oriented and background.:thumbsup:

also, I added an album and pictures of the 1st one in my ......albums, i guess that is what to call it....

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update from Mid-Ohio

This is an e-mail I just received from Chris.

I wanted to get back to you with a couple of dates. I thought Mondays worked well for everyone last year. As for weekend dates, unfortunately they are not available.

Once we identify a date, we would need a minimum of 25 participants to make this happen. I have Monday, October 3rd or October 10th available. By pushing this into October, I think it would increase our chances to get to the 25 number. The program will be formatted like last year. Price structure will be a little different. The price of the program will be $225 per person for early registration. After July 1st, the price for the program would increase to $275 per person. Hopefully this will encourage people to get registered early.

We do not have to restrict the date to Camaro vehicles. Additionally, I’m sure I can get our marketing department to produce a pdf flyer for you to distribute. I have not reached out to Rich Johnson yet.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,

Chris Binkley

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
october 3rd should be good for me. thats really late in the year. i may go to some lapping days just to get my speed bug out.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
october 3rd should be good for me. thats really late in the year. i may go to some lapping days just to get my speed bug out.
Ya, the races have taken Sept up.

Pete (Pedders) is doing a day Sept 17th in Mich. do you want to go to it? I am planning on doing his date and then mine:thumbsup:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hey Folks, what's this all about? Can I "nose" in?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey Folks, what's this all about? Can I "nose" in?
I am doing another one, I know we talked last year, but you were unable to make it....You are more than welcome to join the fun....

I just need some direction on Date.....oct 3rd or 10th, or doesn't make a difference?

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Erik and I can be involved like last year if you have it on Saturday Sept 3rd. Then Erik leaves on 6th for a week, going to Alaska to see his sister.
As far as the Pedders Track Day at Gengerman. We were planning on taking the Dyno to Road America on Thursday Sept 15, and set up the Dyno on Friday. Then tune the competitors cars at SCCA Run Offs all week. We will delay that a day and run Gingerman on Saturday then go to the Run Offs on Sunday and set up 2 days late.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Erik and I can be involved like last year if you have it on Saturday Sept 3rd. Then Erik leaves on 6th for a week, going to Alaska to see his sister.
As far as the Pedders Track Day at Gengerman. We were planning on taking the Dyno to Road America on Thursday Sept 15, and set up the Dyno on Friday. Then tune the competitors cars at SCCA Run Offs all week. We will delay that a day and run Gingerman on Saturday then go to the Run Offs on Sunday and set up 2 days late.
That's funny, I just called you....you were on the phone, I talked to your wife....

The dates are OCTOBER 3rd or 10th, not september.....hopefully this works out better for you.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
OK, first post is updated.....OCT 3rd it is!

Start PM'n me and or posting in the thread if you are going.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
added info to the first post

1 - 20 of 109 Posts