Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can someone tell me where the timing should be set on a 92 camaro rs with 3.1L engine?

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
I looked last night and couldn't nail it down. The computer sets the timing, but I don't know where you should start.

Call/stop by a local dealership or service shop and ask someone who might know.

Just for fun, might goto the local parts store and look in a service manual. If I'm out later (and I will be) I'll stop and look at some service manuals.

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
I looked at a 1982-1992 Haynes Camaro manual and the darn thing said to check manufacturer's specs.. WTH would I buy a manual if it didn't have important specs?

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I looked at a 1982-1992 Haynes Camaro manual and the darn thing said to check manufacturer's specs.. WTH would I buy a manual if it didn't have important specs?
That book is a pretty big FAIL.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
That book is a pretty big FAIL.

yeah...those books are funny...

Directions to install new wiper-blades...
1. Chock the front wheels.
2. Disconnect negative battery cable.
3. Put on eye protection.
4. Remove old wiper-blade.
5. Install new wiper-blade.

:thumbsup::D:p:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
How to set ignition timing for 1992 chevy camaro rs, v-6, 3.1

http://www.justanswer.com/questions/2vbd-set-ignition-timeing-1992-chevy

Normal operating temperature.
Air cleaner installed.
A/C "OFF."
Transmission in neutral.
Disconnect SET TIMING connector (tan/black wire) located in harness close to distributor. DO NOT disconnect 4 wire connector at distributor.
Connect timing light and adjust as necessary by loosening hold down bolt and rotating distributor. Tighten hold down and recheck the timing. Stop the engine and connect SET TIMING connector. Clear ECM trouble code by disconnecting ECM power source.

Timing spec is 10 degrees BTDC. Idle speed should be 800 RPM or less

1 - 7 of 7 Posts