Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bone stock, high humidity/temp run today through an auto.

As suspected, ECU is going pretty rich (~11.6 - 11.4 through most of the run)

Lots of room for improvement with tune. Car is pretty much begging for FI.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Nice to finally see some v6 numbers.

I was hoping for the numbers to be higher but it is an auto. Now DO WORK on that ride son!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Nice to finally see some v6 numbers.

I was hoping for the numbers to be higher but it is an auto. Now DO WORK on that ride son!
low yes. but as he stated...a good tune will really squeeze some out of it. good numbers btw.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks for pulling the trigger Maxx.
A few questions, can you tell us more about the actual scenario,post a graph please, and mention on what KIND of dyno you dynoed it on please?

The sniffer won't be correct after a catalytic converter so you go by the number, just the fuel curve.

I honestly don't remeber how the car skews the fueling results, but I always thought it caused the vehicle to appear running leaner than normal. If that is the case your car is wicked rich. There could be another 25WHP in a tune for that car NA if that is the case, because honestly at WOT you should be around 13.5:1 due to DI.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I noticed some black carbon buildup on my exhaust tips so I knew it was running rich, which is much better than lean. Anyway, I put in some 93 octane and noticed the carbon buildup was much, much less. I just think we need to get more air into the intake to cure the rich problem which would also increase power.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts