Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
IMO, they should be comparing the 2010 GT rather than the 2009.

I don't think any of these sites should let people review vehicles until they are actually available to the public. Good reviews or not, those comments should be removed.

How about the guy saying how great it is, but spells it Camero. Then there is another who is concerned it's not really made in America. I love these enthusiasts who really don't know wtf they are talking about. Yay for the internetszz.

EDIT: I attempted to spell Camaro wrong, but I couldn't even do that!

·
A New Camaro, Excellent!
529 Posts
IMO, they should be comparing the 2010 GT rather than the 2009.
True, but either way i think the mustang's little engine is out-gunned. Sorry ford. Better bring out that 5.0 quick.

·
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
4,638 Posts
These modern "muscle cars" wont ever be as great as the muscle cars back in the 60s and 70s Those were pure power that nothing today could match up with

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
These modern "muscle cars" wont ever be as great as the muscle cars back in the 60s and 70s Those were pure power that nothing today could match up with
Except that everything today blows all of them out of the water in every aspect besides personality.

·
8,984 Posts
I beg to differ
Yes, no need to beg here. We will prove you wrong just as quick.

As a GENERAL rule, todays car's are:

Safer
Faster
Better handling
More fuel efficient
More comfortable

Styling is an opinion, so I will not start arguing semantics.

·
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
4,638 Posts

Safer
Faster
Better handling
More fuel efficient
More comfortable

Fuel Efficient and more comfortable yes. The original muscle cars were much faster and powerful. Depending on what type of classic car you have some of them were built like tanks. I say better handling is right down the middle depending on what you have.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Fuel Efficient and more comfortable yes. The original muscle cars were much faster and powerful. Depending on what type of classic car you have some of them were built like tanks. I say better handling is right down the middle depending on what you have.
ANY chance you can back that up with something beyond empirical evidence? Like, oh, I don't know, GROSS HP numbers? :rolleyes: Dear God dude. Comfort, fuel efficiency, climate control, braking, rust protection,etc. etc.

·
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
4,638 Posts
The 5th gen camaro 376 cubic inches V8
the 1st gen Camaro 427 cubic inches V8
Those engines were pure power back then. American Muscle cant come close to it today because of todays laws
The Chevy Chevelle SS had a 454 cubic inch V8 cant beat that

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts

Safer
Faster
Better handling
More fuel efficient
More comfortable

Fuel Efficient and more comfortable yes. The original muscle cars were much faster and powerful. Depending on what type of classic car you have some of them were built like tanks. I say better handling right down the middle depending on what you have.

I agree with both of you but also keep in mind with the technology we have today its expected for the Camaro to do what its going to do.

Todays Camaro feels good sitting inside but its also got the feeling of a Fun,Fast sports car of today that we all love and can/will have fun and drive to work and on the weekends.

You get in a 69 and just sit there and she tells you a story.
I'm used to a 69 and lucky enough to say its a factory Big block
you get inside of her slam on the Gas and you hear things you wont
hear from a new camaro.....the engine speaks history it screams muscle.
Would I drive a 69 everyday to work and back ? No lol it doesnt stop like a new one will. Gas isnt as good.

however I can say even with not driving a new one yet.......The 69 will be more fun......if you can drive and I mean handle a 69 and let the power of the car come out its a Blast.

My new camaro will hold me over very well during the week.....my 69 will take me back in time and put a grin on m face during the weekends.

both will end up GREAT cars for there time later on in life but I dont think the New Camaro 25 years from now will be anything like the 69 is now only because of the Variety of Vettes and so on we have today.

I will enjoy owning both :thumbsup: drive my new one to work and crusie and excersize my 69 when I need a thrill from the past. :cool:

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
The 5th gen camaro 376 cubic inches V8
the 1st gen Camaro 427 cubic inches V8
Those engines were pure power back then. American Muscle cant come close to it today because of todays laws
The Chevy Chevelle SS had a 454 cubic inch V8 cant beat that
With all due respect, this post totally discredits your opinion.

·
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
4,638 Posts
I agree with both of you but also keep in mind with the technology we have today its expected for the Camaro to do what its going to do.

Todays Camaro feels good sitting inside but its also got the feeling of a Fun,Fast sports car of today that we all love and can/will have fun and drive to work and on the weekends.

You get in a 69 and just sit there and she tells you a story.
I'm used to a 69 and lucky enough to say its a factory Big block
you get inside of her slam on the Gas and you hear things you wont
hear from a new camaro.....the engine speaks history it screams muscle.
Would I drive a 69 everyday to work and back ? No lol it doesnt stop like a new one will. Gas isnt as good.

however I can say even with not driving a new one yet.......The 69 will be more fun......if you can drive and I mean handle a 69 and let the power of the car come out its a Blast.

My new camaro will hold me over very well during the week.....my 69 will take me back in time and put a grin on m face during the weekends.

both will end up GREAT cars for there time later on in life but I dont think the New Camaro 25 years from now will be anything like the 69 is now only because of the Variety of Vettes and so on we have today.
I also think that. I am not saying i dont like the 5th gen and all of its new luxuries compared to the first gen but if i want real muscle id always go to the first gen

·
Registered
56 Posts
No one is going to win this argument with him. OceanChevy is living in a fantasy world. Just as an empirical, verifiable counterpoint to your argument OceanChevy, the mighty 426 street hemi (arguably one of the MOST potent of 60's musclecar engines) was tested against a modern 6.1 hemi. Both engines made 467 HP on an engine, not chasis, dyno. Add in better tire technology , suspension, braking, safety, emissions and there is no way you can say that 60's muscle cars are better performers. If you like their styling better, that's fine, but have facts to back up your claims before you come on here, spouting BS.

·
Banned
1,136 Posts
If you are referring to the hopped-up Camaro in "Fast and Furious 2", that thing made the hairs on the back of my neck quiver with FEAR! (and I knew it was "only a movie"...) ;)

What were those guys nicknamed by the "I've got a problem with authority" dude...Fonzi and Fabio? :lol:

·
Registered
589 Posts
Ocean chevy, you cant really be serious. I will agree with you that the older cars from the 60's and early 70's were much better styled but all of them are famous for being straight line performers that couldnt handle. Now if we're talking muscle cars camaro and mustang have to be excluded as they are not muscle cars they are pony cars. So todays pony cars are like 54 inches said, safer, faster, stop and handle better and are more fuel efficient in doing all of this. They showed were a super bee got beat in a road course test by a honda oddessy MINIVAN as it could not handle the turns just like all the other older cars outside of maybe the trans am series cars like the z-28 and the I thinkit was boss 302 that they raced trans am with. In saying all that, I absolutely love the old cars but facts are facts. I would take a 70 Chevelle LS6 over a 5th gen any day.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
I love 1st gens...but this argument is silly. Ocean...your throwing out CID #'s...not HP/Torque/0-60/qtr mile. And, not many Camaro's had 427's (how many...less than 100?), most V8's were 307's, 327's, 350's, some 302's and 396's. I had a 250 in my '69 Camaro...and I wouldn't want to compare that to the new V6.

You can say the 5th gens aren't real muscle cars and don't have the personality of the 1st gens...but to say they can't compare in terms of power (and especially handling)...you're just wrong.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts