Modern Camaro Forums banner

30-year import owner buys a 2008 Malibu

2K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  Z28 Autobot 
#1 ·
On Bob Lutz's blog:
http://fastlane.gmblogs.com/archives/2007/11/welcome_back.html

By Bob Lutz
GM Vice Chairman

I’m on the road again this week, but I had to share a quick story I heard from one of our West Coast dealers about the sale of his first Chevrolet Malibu.

Seems this particular dealer has a good friend back in suburban Detroit who hasn’t driven a GM product since 1979. That’s almost 30 years that this gentleman has spurned our cars and trucks.

In the interim, he has driven all the big-ticket vehicles, lots of Mercedes-Benz products, and was most recently in a Lexus LS sedan. The man, whom the dealer characterized as a “car guy,” had heard a lot about the new Malibu, and finally went to his local Chevy dealer to try one out.

He liked it. A lot. To the point where he called his friend, our dealer in California, and ordered one. Loaded. He wants every option available — loves gadgets.

So this dealer in Southern California just sold his first Malibu, to a car guy from Michigan who is turning in his Lexus! The customer is flying out to L.A. to pick up the car and drive it back to Detroit. The dealer said, “I hope this is just one of many former GM customers that we are able to win back.”

That's FREAKIN AWESOME! Go GM! :thumbsup:

See less See more
#3 ·
OUTSTANDING!!! maybe there is still hope for the good ol USA afterall. I saw the first new Malibu last week at a local dealer...of course it was the fully loaded LTZ model....wow, that car was sharp. I remarked to the salesman that it almost looked "foreign". No price sticker on the car, however, it was already SOLD. The guy apparently read about the car on the internet, and promptly headed over to the dealer and bought the car before it even showed up! TAKE THAT TOYOTA!!!:patriot:

#6 ·
GM is becoming the Duke Nukem of the automobile industry. Sure all the 2d shooters were bland..but man..when it finally went 3d it kicked EVERYONE's ass and spawned a bunch of imitators!

Just don't mention Duke Nukem Forever (Duke Nukem Whenever, Duke Nukem Never-ever).

#9 ·
Remember when you blow things up and he's all "ewww..what a mess."? That'll be the Camaro after beating the snot out of ricers, challengers, mustangs, etc. :p

And watching that video makes me want to go steal my dad's ancient copy of it and play it. I just hope it's on CD..this computer doesn't have a diskette drive :D.

Any FPS that has Strippers in it can't be all that bad. Especially since you can shrink them then step on them or freeze them then kick them to pieces.

#11 ·
The new malibu smokes the lexus and made bmw and mercedez choke! If the new camaro has the quality of this car we will be standing in a longer line to get one! Once again GM raises the bar on quality. Holden(AUS) and this new malibu. It is really exciting me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.