Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Livin' the dream!
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I LOVE this stuff!!! It works GREAT in protecting your paint from rock chips. BUT...

I can not recommend it for the rear quarter panels for one simple reason... road grime, tar, oil, tire dressing, etc. all stain it so when you get to where you're going it looks like you have spots all over your rear quarter panels.

You can't wipe the spots off either without peeling off the product which defeats the purpose of it. It takes 2 hours to dry and up to 72 hours to fully cure and become waterproof so reapplying product during/after a car show isn't feasible.

It does as advertised... easy on, dries clear, easily peels off in one piece, and gives great protection.

I'm going to go with the clear vinyl appliques. They don't stain.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I might still try it just for the heck of it, your car is white which might make the staining show up more. I will try it on my truck, which is a dark hunter green. Thanks for posting your results and opinion.

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts

·
Livin' the dream!
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Links or pics :dunno: or :lol: ? .. thX to whom post.. :thumbsup:
A little late for pictures of all the spots staining the gill area, I peeled the product off when I got to the show. It's a judged show(they pick 6 random contestants to judge the show and then the director and one other person).

I was "pigeon-holed" into the Camaro Class at the Tama Car Show last Saturday. The past 3 years I've had my Camaros in the 1987 to Present Class.

The director came up to me before the show and said, "Since you and your buddy cleaned up the past few years in the 1987 to Present Class, we made a Camaro Class and ALL Camaros have to be in it. :confused: We made a Mustang Class and MOPAR class too and they all have to be in their respective classes as well."

Really? his son had his bright orange 2010 Challanger in the 1987 to Present Class. :wtf: His son took 1st. :confused:

Anyway, I explained that it's not fair for late models going into a class with the classics. Heck, even I vote for the classics. But he wouldn't relent.

I showed that director, my ZL1 took 1st in the Camaro Class beating out several gorgeous '69's and an original '68. :roxor: Another IOM '13 ZL1 took 2nd, and a candy apple red metallic '69 took 3rd.

All the judges, except for the director, asked lots of questions about my ZL1, comented how much they loved it, how clean it was, and how much they loved the summit white because it was "understated" and didn't scream "Look at me".

I guess I go the last laugh. :lol:

I bet next year they'll probably try and put me in the Mustang Class. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,590 Posts

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts