Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been 553 days since I got laid off from my job... well, Monday I go back to work, and I would like to thank everyone here at Modern Camaro for the support and encouragement during that time. Both the encouraging words about my situation and the enthusiasm towards my photography (the latter was more beneficial than you may think). I haven't been around much in the last month... when I haven't been shoving my resume in the faces of Hiring Managers all over Northeast Ohio I've been working on getting my website back up and operational (the site should be up and running around the first of the year).

I got the call around noon from the placement service I've been working with that the latest company that I interviewed with wanted to offer me a position. I have to go for a drug screen this afternoon (which isn't a problem for me) and fill out some paperwork tomorrow morning at the placement service.

Here's where it gets interesting, this morning, before I heard from the placement service I received a call from another company that I submitted a resume to back in June... I have an interview with them Thursday afternoon. Both companies are connected to the mining industry, one builds crushing equipment the other builds air circulation equipment.

Both jobs are second shift, I'm already in at the first job and it will be closer to the area I plan to move to in a couple months... the second job however is Union and starts at a substantially higher pay rate.

The plan right now is to go to work through the placement service and if/when the second company offers me a job, accept it.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
CONGRATS!!!! I know it's Hard at this point and U don't want to burn any bridges!!!! My only suggestion would be to try to figure out which job you would be the Happiest with??? Good Luck with Your Final Decision!!!!

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
CONGRATS!!!! I know it's Hard at this point and U don't want to burn any bridges!!!! My only suggestion would be to try to figure out which job you would be the Happiest with??? Good Luck with Your Final Decision!!!!
x2 but best of luck...

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Guys, I'll keep everyone updated on the progress of the job situation and the status of the website.

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,383 Posts
Way to go! You just made my day,Thanks and good luck!:thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts