Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
:(Well.....these are Public forums, and one of our members saw it, copyed it, and posted it over on C5. It wasn't the admin's, or mod's intentions to have it stamped "Camaro5".
The OP did that himself.:BangHead:

I hope there's no hard feelings....

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
ripped it from us?
Camaro5 uses the same sources we do, jalopnik, leftlane news, etc...
I don't see how we could say it was ripped ;)
I posted unwatermarked version on my forum this week :cool:
You posted it before I posted it here? I got it from the source and it had only been in limited private channels prior to that (the pic surprised Tim and Scott and had not appeared on leftlane or jalopnik). NastyZ28 was the first forum on the WWW to have this particular picture posted publicly. I took it from there to here in 5 mins, and, as far as I know, none of you are members of NastyZ.

·
Premium Member
9,152 Posts
You posted it before I posted it here? I got it from the source and it had only been in limited private channels prior to that (the pic surprised Tim and Scott and had not appeared on leftlane or jalopnik). NastyZ28 was the first forum on the WWW to have this particular picture posted publicly. I took it from there to here in 5 mins, and, as far as I know, none of you are members of NastyZ.
No idea what time it was posted where.

If you have an exclusive, slap a watermark on it next time to avoid any confusion :roxor:

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
LOL It wasn't an "Exclusive," and I don't do watermarks. I certainly didn't want credit for it, but it was posted on NastyZ, then here, then Camaro5 and so on from there. I wish that NastyZ hadn't played vanishing act with the thread.

·
Premium Member
9,152 Posts
LOL It wasn't an "Exclusive," and I don't do watermarks. I certainly didn't want credit for it, but it was posted on NastyZ, then here, then Camaro5 and so on from there. I wish that NastyZ hadn't played vanishing act with the thread.

I hear ya. Pics like that don't last long on the interweb, thats for sure :cool:

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
LOL Try to track this one! I'm not upset that others had it. I was hoping that by putting it here and on a couple of other boards I'm a member of that it would catch like wild fire. I'm glad that it went so fast, but I want credit for the first 5th gen dedicated site to have this pic to go to this site. :) Trust me, I'm not the one responsible for the pic, but I'm glad I could be the first to put it on the best 5thgen forum on the web. ;)

It was posted at about 2:20 PM AZ Time on NastyZ by 327_Blackbird, the employee of GMs at the Oshawa Plant. It was posted here at 2:29 PM by myself. Then on Camaro5 at 4:03 PM by NVMY68SS, and it just exploded from there. That's AWESOME! :D

·
Premium Member
9,152 Posts
It was posted at about 2:20 PM AZ Time on NastyZ by 327_Blackbird, the employee of GMs at the Oshawa Plant. It was posted here at 2:29 PM by myself. Then on Camaro5 at 4:03 PM by NVMY68SS, and it just exploded from there. That's AWESOME! :D
So he works for GM and posted that pic to a forum? Is he nuts?

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
So he works for GM and posted that pic to a forum? Is he nuts?
Must be. He's kind of an A-hole most of the time. Him and SS got into an arguement a few months back on the same forum and he was warned then.

Here's the thread where they argued. Most of 327_Blackbird's posts have been edited to "fight the man" and such, and at GMs request, the thread was locked. The other thread which the picture was posted in yesterday wasn't locked or deleted. It just "vanished."

http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83783

I THINK I sorta helped get him busted on this...I feel kind of bad for that.

·
Premium Member
9,152 Posts
Must be. He's kind of an A-hole most of the time. Him and SS got into an arguement a few months back on the same forum and he was warned then.

Here's the thread where they argued. Most of 327_Blackbird's posts have been edited to "fight the man" and such, and at GMs request, the thread was locked. The other thread which the picture was posted in yesterday wasn't locked or deleted. It just "vanished."

http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83783

I THINK I sorta helped get him busted on this...I feel kind of bad for that.
I wouldn't beat yourself up. Anyone who works for GM and posts pics like that on a public forum THAT IS MONITORED BY GM ;) is asking to be fired IMO.

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
Now that is what I like to hear. I am glad they want straitline as well as handling to be top. I was worried it was being geared toward handling and not really as much worry on straitline. Thats good to hear :thumbsup:

fbodfather said:
I haven't had a chance to read thru this entire thread, but you can be assured that we have NOT determined the price of the new Camaro.

Pricing is one of the last things done - usually as the cars (or trucks) are rolling off the assembly line.

No question that the Camaro has to do many things:

>It MUST turn heads -- and be recognizable as a Camaro from a 1/4 mile away.......
>It MUST be class leading in terms of straight line acceleration
>It MUST be class leading in terms of roadworthiness (stick to the road like velcro)
>It MUST be RWD -- and offer class leading Muscular V8 engines
>It must offer more than expected....

and IT MUST BE AT A CHEVROLET PRICE.......

If it doesn't have that -- that is a HUGE problem.

Camaro's main competitor is Mustang...therefore, if you were to set a target price - Mustang is the target. Plain and simple.

I don't think Blackbird realized that the rumor was just that -- a rumor. (and a bad one at that!)

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
Yeah, pictures of this nature spread like wildfire on the internet hehe.
But yes, it was posted here over 90 minutes prior to Camaro5 posting it.

We had it posted long before sites like Jalopnik, LeftLaneNews, Autoblog, etc did.
Many bigger sites like that are using the Camaro5 image, and a couple of them are using the 5thGen.org image.

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
:D

Fbodfather said:
OK - I know that not everyone liked the concept -- but frankly, 90+ percent DID -- and that's 'off the charts' for a new vehicle.......

For those of you who DID like the concept and Bumblebee-- you will love the production car because it's simply more svelte (Relax Charlie and Bob) than the concept.......trust me on this. (How many times do I have to say 'trust me' anyhow??????)

This was a horrible picture --

.................and it's what puts me up the wall --

.....................past the pictures...............

.........................................and on to the ceiling........

.....because some BOZO (I'm being kind here......) took it upon himself/herself to take a horribly positioned picture and put it out there for all to see. Someone not only needs to be fired -- but PROSECUTED..................and no, we didn't do this to 'leak' it.....

Had the person just simply dropped to his/her knees and taken a picture at a more realistic angle-- some would'nt be using words like 'pig' "charger" and such ........

The white color is somewhat misleading -- further, the black bras on the front and back trick the eye into seeing 'vertical' rather than 'horizontal' -- and, as others point out -- lighting is everything in terms of showing 'character' lines. (anyone who sees the Red Fiberglass and then the Silver coupe or Bumblebee will tell you that metallic paints bring out the character lines -- something you can't see in these pics...)

Guys and gals -- the production car is stunning......to the point where there is lots of emotion when you see it for the first time. (heck -- Mr. Wellburn HUGGED it!!!)

..........and while I'm in rant mode --

..............we know we'll never keep everyone happy -- but judging by the comments I read thru 2am this morning on at least 15 sites -- I couldn't be happier with the general reaction..................

Now -- to dispatch the black suburbans...........

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Where did he post that?

I think GM needs to relax a little. Pics of Camo'd cars are rarely flattering, and I can't imagine anyone calling it a pig based on that picture. It looks SMALLER to me.
I PM'd a thread to Octane where I posted it on a non-car site(a mod for HL2, actually) and a lot of them are calling it ugly, trying to compare it to Euro cars, etc. etc.

One buffoon even says it shares the same platform as the Challenger. :x

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.