Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
5th gen Patrol Car:

Basically a LS appearance trim with RS headlights but equipped with a L99 and auto. Barebones. Badass.

·
Registered
318 Posts
..Our police station already has a Z06. I hope they don't get an SS..

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
Hey, JINX is that a photochop or a promotional shot for the upcoming police package Camaro? I know Camaro Scotty mentioned them coming later in 09.

I would seriously consider a 1LE B4C over an RS/SS. Do you have any other info....mainly will they be available to the public?

·
Registered
318 Posts
yeaaaaa I have put my years into this job and still drive the Vic...

I am not a big ticket writer...to drive a vehicle like that you must be a very, VERY big writer...we are talking 30-40 a day(that equals a ticket every 20-25 minutes for our shift) at my department to get an aggressive driving unit as such. They gotta put that hp to use right?...As much as I'd love to be in that, it's not worth the amount of court hearings I would have....I will stick with my 2 or 3 a day to the REAL a--hole drivers. hahaha

Just to put it in perspective..the average cop writes about 100-200 tickets a year. The officer in OUR department that drives the aggressive driving unit...well..he wrote just under 3,000 tickets last year...

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Its my photoshop it not real. I made it. Its has my departments decals on it plus the matching hockey stripe.

Here is the original I used:

·
Registered
275 Posts
Just to put it in perspective..the average cop writes about 100-200 tickets a year. The officer in OUR department that drives the aggressive driving unit...well..he wrote just under 3,000 tickets last year...
Note to self: Batting eyelashes will NOT work on Camaro cop car, will have to resort to plan B... buy a Z28 and study epic car chase scenes :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Jinx 1st I really like your work on the 2010 B4C and all the rest of the chops youve done.

I am just wondering if you would be willing to do me a UHP version. I think a high quality chop would make it onto a lot of Troopers desktops.

I can send you some good photos of my 2002 so you can transfer my decals and there placement over to the 5th Gen.

This is a chop a guy out here did for me. Not the best but it keeps me thinking.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
I would speed in Utah, just to get pulled over by that. :D

·
Registered
41 Posts
I would speed in Utah, just to get pulled over by that. :D
haha as soon as the officer walks up,

Me: im sorry officer i will refuse to cooperate looks like you'll have to take me down to the station in the cammy.

on a more serious note lotsa Charger patrol cars here in NJ I feel like they take away from the sexyness of the car knowing that some asshole police (not all of them I know a few nice ones) will be driving them around and will be able to engage in high speed pursuit....however it would be fun to see '10 Cammy patrol unit pull over a ricer....

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
haha as soon as the officer walks up,

Me: im sorry officer i will refuse to cooperate looks like you'll have to take me down to the station in the cammy.

on a more serious note lotsa Charger patrol cars here in NJ I feel like they take away from the sexyness of the car knowing that some asshole police (not all of them I know a few nice ones) will be driving them around and will be able to engage in high speed pursuit....however it would be fun to see '10 Cammy patrol unit pull over a ricer....
theres lots of them around here too but what i noticed is that they are mostly V6 BOO HAHAHAHA

1 - 20 of 57 Posts