Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much work would it take to put the rear end and suspension from a 5th Gen under a 2nd Gen?

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
ummm, probably a lot of fabrication. Plus the 5th gen diff and axles really aren't that strong. If it's IRS that you want, I'm sure that the aftermarket offers some good solutions.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Powerfreak is right... for durability in a 2nd gen IRS unit you would be better of with a C6 vette setup. maybe a C5 as well. Both would include some serious modifications.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Powerfreak is right... for durability in a 2nd gen IRS unit you would be better of with a C6 vette setup. maybe a C5 as well. Both would include some serious modifications.
Thanks, I'm just throwing things around in my mind right now. I'm thinking about doing a LS3 6spd swap from a wrecked SS and was thinking about using more of the bits and pieces. I like the way my 2011 SS handles and would like to come close with the 73 Z

·
Premium Member
6,255 Posts
Get the whole wrecked SS and "repair" it with a COPO!

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
If you could obtain the whole car then go ahead but as said there will be a ton of modifications. I'm sure theres an aftermarket solution out there that is bolt in and or easier ways such as mentioned with the earlier corvette and even Jaguar conversions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts