Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Story source and more screen shots here:
http://www.gameinfowire.com/game.asp?gid=2357

Game info wire wrote:

Race Driver: GRID

from Codemasters

Coming mid 2008, Race Driver: GRID is set to capture every moment from the starting grid to the chequered flag and concentrate those moments into an intense and dramatic race experience. Race Driver: GRID is being developed for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, the PLAYSTATION 3 computer entertainment system and Games for Windows.

Race Driver: GRID will take players to beautifully realised and dramatic race locations over three continents to compete in an unprecedented variety of racing events. Packed with the most powerful race cars – new and classic, circuit and drift – players will compete to conquer the most prestigious official race tracks and championships and then go beyond to compete in challenging city-based competitions, through to road events and urban street races.

In Europe, race gamers will compete on the greatest official tracks in prestige Marques including Aston Martin, Koenigsegg and Pagani.

Iconic cities across the U.S. – including San Francisco, Washington DC and Detroit and each with their own atmosphere and events – play hosts to diverse street races. Here, high-performance V8 muscle cars set the pace in aggressive closely fought pack competitions.

In the Far East, Japanese racing culture sets the tone where night races, including Drift racing, take drivers through neon illuminated cities and to outlying mountain roads. There is also the opportunity to compete in races that operate on the fringes of legality in the back streets and industrial areas of Yokohama.

Race Driver: GRID is coming mid 2008 for the Xbox 360, PLAYSTATION 3 system and Games for Windows.
I tried to post some screen shots, but they've got some redirect that won't allow the pics to be posted here. There's a couple pics that look a bit awkward though! Like there's a couple with what appears to be an Aveo racing BMW 3-series! LOL

·
Registered
318 Posts
Ya know...

I kinda like that white with the deep blue stripes..entry to video games means its close, ahaha. I would like to see it in Gran Turismo too...

·
Registered
620 Posts
:drool::drool: i like that looks of it in the game, only problem is it is to far in the back of the pack, you know it would be out front. lol

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ya know...

I kinda like that white with the deep blue stripes..entry to video games means its close, ahaha. I would like to see it in Gran Turismo too...
I had the same thoughts when I saw it! I'm sure it'll be it'll be in GT5! The only question is whether it'll be in concept or production trim????

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Photo w/ Caption:

"Oak in his blue mustang, and Jensen in the Challenger CRASH OUT!!!! Both are totaled... Let's check the replay I think something snuck through there... Yep Petty in his Camaro squeezed right through there. Must be the better power to weight ratio and handleing!" :rotflmao:

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
I had the same thoughts when I saw it! I'm sure it'll be it'll be in GT5! The only question is whether it'll be in concept or production trim????
I am sure it is concept because the game is released this month? Not to mention, chevy seems to be somewhat closed lip about the final product..

Regardless...as long as the tail end looks like THAT...I am happy.

I swore I would never by white again, but every picture I see (even the game) makes me second guess myself.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am sure it is concept because the game is released this month? Not to mention, chevy seems to be somewhat closed lip about the final product..

Regardless...as long as the tail end looks like THAT...I am happy.

I swore I would never by white again, but every picture I see (even the game) makes me second guess myself.
Actually what's out right now is GT5: Prologue. It isn't the final version. It's a teaser to keep interest spiked. The full game I don't believe is scheduled to be released until Christmas 2009. So in theory the production version could make it into that one.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Actually what's out right now is GT5: Prologue. It isn't the final version. It's a teaser to keep interest spiked. The full game I don't believe is scheduled to be released until Christmas 2009. So in theory the production version could make it into that one.
Sneaky bastards... a teaser that will probably still cost 60 bucks...

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
OMG, between giving these drivers AI, and the upcoming release of Star Wars:TFU, I think characters in the games are starting to be smarter than some of the people I see every day.

What a fun time to be alive, and even more fun if you're a geek like me. :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts