Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Suprised no one else has posted this yet. Scroll down a few replies for pics: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthre...t=55117&page=4

Methinks it has to be a 1-off tube frame or new body built on top of an old car, because the dimentions are slightly askew on the roof and the wheels/tires, plus we know GM only made 1 running concept due to expense, and if they made a 2nd there's no way they'd loan it out for a movie.

Perhaps they allowed Saleen to duplicate the body molds used to make the concept body panels.

·
Registered
861 Posts
so is that 3rd gen supposed to be the 5th gen below it? It is cool that they are includeing the 5th gen in that movie

·
Registered
861 Posts
letting saleen have the body molds is kind of risky considering that saleen is a ford man and we would not want the advisary to have important information!

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What third gen? I see a 2nd gen and a 5th gen.

The story I think is that the character Bumblebee is a 2nd gen, gets destroyed/killed by the evil Mustang Cop car transformer, and then is ressurected as the 5th gen.

·
Registered
67 Posts
transformers were before my time, but that is awesome. the camaro does have a saleen plate on it. that color is gorgeous. GM is gettin so much free press, they have to build it now

·
Registered
861 Posts
thanks I needed that! jk:lol: did you see that the cop car was a mustang we will see how quick the camaro will smoke a mustang real soon!

·
Premium Member
9,152 Posts
Chris 96 WS6 said:
Suprised no one else has posted this yet. Scroll down a few replies for pics: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthre...t=55117&page=4

Methinks it has to be a 1-off tube frame or new body built on top of an old car, because the dimentions are slightly askew on the roof and the wheels/tires, plus we know GM only made 1 running concept due to expense, and if they made a 2nd there's no way they'd loan it out for a movie.

Perhaps they allowed Saleen to duplicate the body molds used to make the concept body panels.
I agree with that logic.
I just saw a post on another forum that car may be a Mustang and Saleen made panels to look like a 5th gen car?

·
Premium Member
11,842 Posts
I'm pretty sure Saleen built them.
I wonder what they're based on... some say '06 Mustang, some say '06 GTO.

You can see clearly that the wheels are 20" black steel wheels, the visible rotor is fake, and the wheel face is a hub cap.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts